About music recording

by John Cola » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 09:31:06 GMT

 When I record an audio(file name:recording22110.amr), the file can
save into SD card via Android default application "MMS->menu->Attach-
I can record this audio and play it!!
But when I go back to Music List, I can't find it in the music list.
After re-insert SD card I still can not find the file. However, after
I "touch" the file and re-insert it back to Android device, the Music
list can now display it.
Anyone know the reason?

BR
John

About music recording

by chrisk » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 17:18:14 GMT

 The media scanner (AFAIK) only scans at boot time. This is probably
why you don't see the recorded file appear until later.
I will defer and let somebody more knowledgeable answer for sure.

-Chris

About music recording

by Dave Sparks » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 15:02:27 GMT

 It is by intent that voice attachments do not show up in the music
player. Do you really want people to hear these messages when you turn
on party shuffle? :)

About music recording

by Marco Nelissen » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 17:14:43 GMT

 Files recorded this way show up in the music player in the "My
Recordings" playlist. They are not otherwise treated as music, for the
reason Dave mentioned.

1. Setting permissions on radio (chmod /dev/ttyUSB1) in init.rc

Hi Mike,
You may take a look of  system/core/init/device.c.

Cheers,
Tick

> website:

2. HTC Bravo