What is Unterminated quoted string?

by sasan_f2...@fouladirad.com » Tue, 08 Mar 2011 05:41:19 GMT

 his is my simple code for an app that I'm making but when I try to
run it with the emulator this error shows up:

ActivityManager: am: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

my code:
package com.android.SoccerAndroidProject;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.util.Log;
import android.view.View;
import android.view.View.OnClickListener;
import android.widget.Button;
import android.widget.EditText;
import android.widget.TextView;

public class MainActivity extends Activity implements OnClickListener
{
private static final String TAG = "Game";

//creating the names of the parts
Button onepointButton,twopointsButton,
threepointsButton,resetButton,
onepointButton2, twopointsButton2, threepointsButton2;

EditText homeButton,awayButton;

TextView textScoreHome,textScoreAway,textScoreBetween;
int score1 = 0;
int score2 = 0;

@Override
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.main);

Log.d(TAG, "onCreate started");

// I now have all my UI in the Java memory
onepointButton = (Button)findViewById(R.id.onepointButton);
onepointButton2 = (Button)findViewById(R.id.onepointButton2);
twopointsButton = (Button)findViewById(R.id.twopointsButton);
twopointsButton2 = (Button)findViewById(R.id.twopointsButton2);
threepointsButton = (Button)findViewById(R.id.threepointsButton);
threepointsButton2 = (Button)findViewById(R.id.threepointsButton2);
resetButton = (Button)findViewById(R.id.resetButton);

homeButton = (EditText)findViewById(R.id.homeButton);
awayButton = (EditText)findViewById(R.id.awayButton);

textScoreHome = (TextView)findViewById(R.id.textScoreHome);
textScoreAway = (TextView)findViewById(R.id.textScoreAway);
textScoreBetween = (TextView)findViewById(R.id.textScoreBetween);

// Initialize text views
textScoreHome.setText(String.valueOf(score1));

textScoreAway.setText(String.valueOf(score2));

textScoreBetween.setText("");

// Define button listeners
resetButton.setOnClickListener(this);
onepointButton.setOnClickListener(this);
onepointButton2.setOnClickListener(this);
twopointsButton.setOnClickListener(this);
twopointsButton2.setOnClickListener(this);
threepointsButton.setOnClickListener(this);
threepointsButton2.setOnClickListener(this);

Log.d(TAG, "onCreate done");

}

public void onClick(View src) {
switch(src.getId()) {
case R.id.resetButton:
score1=0;
score2=0;
textScoreHome.setText(String.valueOf(score1));
textScoreAway.setText(String.valueOf(score2));
break;
case R.id.onepointButton:
score1++;
textScoreHome.setText(String.valueOf(score1));
break;
case R.id.onepointButton2:
score2++;
textScoreAway.setText(String.valueOf(score2));

Re: What is Unterminated quoted string?

by Daniel Mack » Fri, 20 May 2011 09:30:37 GMT

 Hey,

On 4 Mrz., 02:14, "sasan_f2...@fouladirad.com"

I'm facing exactly the same problem under OS X 10.6, using Eclipse and
the Android SDK for 2.3.3 (version 10).

Did you find any solution for this issue yet? It seems to be entirely
unrelated to the actual code, though. Everything is freshly installed
and up-to-date.

Daniel

1. Asph*lt 3.0.

Ada di pasar m*lem.. tapi pas gw mo install, tau2 dy gagal install..
anti-p*racy protection?? klo iy, makin canggih donk.. padahal gw blon apgred
ke Froyo..

2. Gadget Jadul anda ? Tentang Battery lagi :)

Saya ganti subject nya biar agak nyambung yak....

Gadget pertama yang ogut beli juga sama, Nokia 6110 , terus ganti ke Ericsson
T65, Ericsson 3618, Soner K608, Soner W800, lalu ke Nexus..

Yang lain?

*gak ada weekend mode kan disini?* :D

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Sinyal Bagus XL, Nyambung Teruuusss...!