User dictionary in Settings

by Jaden Pak » Fri, 20 May 2011 09:34:00 GMT

 Hi, all!

I'm developing some test codes for Android Settings(native app).

But I have some difficulties finding out what the real SQLite table is
for User dictionary words.

Does anyone have an idea about this?
In UserDictionary.java (which seems to be a provider class), I can see
only addWord() method.
In order to learn how to insert, update or delete in SQLite table,
which source file should I
check ?

Thanks in advance!

--

Re: User dictionary in Settings

by Brill Pappin » Fri, 20 May 2011 12:09:42 GMT

 android.provider.UserDictionary is a simple content provider.
You should be able to query it any way you like. You likely want the
Words content.

You might need to read up on content providers if you are not familiar
with them.
However, remember that the UserDictionary is not just used by your
app, so be careful what you do with it!

- Brill

1. OOT - Mohon perhatian mods !!! Fw: Menangkan 5 iPaddan 100 tas laptop

Salam bro AH, saya dapat email dari address yeniherli...@yahoo.com
Kalau pengirim aslinya saya ngga bisa melacak karena sepertinya ini terkait dgn
program email berantai berkedok promosi hadiah

My religion is Computer. Mangga Dua is my church. Internet is God. Google is my
bible. Preachers politician? Put them to Recycle Bin pls!