Specific drawable not working?????

by mikedrmfs » Fri, 20 May 2011 09:30:40 GMT


Sponsored Links
 In a very simple menu the drawable @android:drawable/ic_media_stop
doesn''t work and @android:drawable/ic_media_pause does.

I get problem
[2011-05-19 14:04:52 - Twitter Update] W/ResourceType( 7852): Bad XML
block: header size 151 or total size 0 is larger than data size 0
[2011-05-19 14:04:52 - Twitter Update] M:\Development\Eclipse_Java
\eclipse\Workapace\Twitter Update\res\menu\menu.xml:6: error: Error:
No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value
'@android:drawable/ic_media_stop').

Both of them are in
M:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-8\data\res
\drawable-mdpi

-- 



Re: Specific drawable not working?????

by Marcin Orlowski » Fri, 20 May 2011 16:46:37 GMT


 



You should copy drawables to your app's res folder.

Regards,
Marcin Orlowski

*Tray Agenda < http://bit.ly/trayagenda> ;* - keep you daily schedule handy...
*Date In Tray* < http://bit.ly/dateintraypro> ; - current date at glance...
WebnetMobile on *Facebook < http://webnetmobile.com/fb/> ;* and
*Twitter< http://webnetmobile.com/twitter/> ;
*

-- 


Sponsored Links


Other Threads

1. Android SDK not working on Windows 7

Hi,

I have a problem getting the Android SDK to work on my new Windows 7 computer.
The ADT plugin in Eclipse will not open, when I run SDK setup.exe I do
get a window, but settings wont get saved, and the app disappears when
I click 'New' in the virtual devices pane.. When I run android.bat
from a command prompt I get the following error:
---snip---
Error: Unable to read AVDs
Error: Unable to get the home directory. Make sure the user.home
property is set up
Error: Unable to get the home directory. Make sure the user.home
property is set up
com.android.prefs.AndroidLocation$AndroidLocationException: Unable to
get the home directory. Make sure the user.home property is set up
---snip---
I have a dutch install of windows 7 where the users directory is named
differently, and already tried to change the HOMEPATH, APPDATA,
LOCALAPPDATA,  and USERPROFILE paths in the registry to the dutch
version of the directory..which didnt work either..

Does anybody have any suggestions? Or a solution perhaps?

Thanks,
Edo

Eclipse version: GALILEO (Eclipse IDE for Java Developers Build id:
20090920-1017)
Android SDK version: Android sdk r3 windows (I tried previous sdk
versions.. same problem)
Windows 7 Home Premium ..

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~

2. dummy Binder/C++ service

I wrote a dummy "HelloWorld" service and client.
It uses Binder for IPC.  For some this is likely "duh", but it did take
me several days of puzzling to work things out.  I think some of the
problem is that there is some dead code in IMediaPlayerClient.cpp, which
I was using as my guide.

I'm convinced that it should be possible to see the services from Java
Binder/ServiceManager code, and avoid a layer of JNI (and thus an NDK
invocation) between a Java application and a C++ service, but I didn't
manage that.  The bird droppings in the src/org/credil/...*.java are my
attempts, ignore them, or better yet, fix them.

Push the three pieces generated: libhelloworldservice.so (to
/system/lib), and helloworldservice, and helloworldclient to /data.
adb shell
cd /data
./helloworldservice &
./helloworldclient

I hope that this code will help others from scratching their head a lot.

   https://review.source.android.com/#change,12454
is one suggestion I have to make other writers of code like this easier.

Probably I'm posting to the wrong mailing list, sorry.
I can not keep up with these mailing lists.

My code is at:
     http://github.com/mcr/Android-HelloWorldService



-- 

3. Unable to start activity from WebView using URI (but can start from non-webview email application)

4. logcat - getting logs for media player,

5. Problem running a compiled/packaged-with-v1.6 application on v1.5

6. launching settings from my app

7. Database Errors