need reference page for how to write a png from res/drawable to background as wallpaper

by Spooky » Fri, 20 May 2011 09:53:23 GMT

 I've been trying to find a reference and/or example page
explaining how to write a png image file from res/drawable
to the background as wallpaper for about the last five days
now ... I give up...time to ask for help finding either or
both of the above....  I've seen all kinds of references to
unrelated sties, but I just can't find the right page.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
   --jim

--

Re: need reference page for how to write a png from res/drawable to background as wallpaper

by Saurav » Fri, 20 May 2011 12:26:31 GMT

 You mean wallpaper for phone home screen?

Regards,
Saurav Mukherjee.

Re: need reference page for how to write a png from res/drawable to background as wallpaper

by Spooky » Fri, 20 May 2011 12:54:40 GMT

Ok, here's a chance for me to possibly clear up my own confusion.
I've
been under the impressions that A) the home screen is THE screen
that you get when you press the HOME button, and that the rest are
other screens, and B) that ALL of the phone's screens are Home
screens.......

I'm talking about wallpaper that you load on the backgrounds of the
seven screens.

I'm working on a photography app, and I want the user to be able,
if they want to do so, to load any of my photos (which, before the
app is built, are in res/drawable) on their Home screen/screens.

I've been looking every day until my eyes start screaming, and after
that, I've kept looking until my eyes go totally blurry for the rest
of
the day (and beyond, sometimes) for just under a week, and have
gotten lots and lots of unrelated pages, but nothing relevant so far.

Later,
   --jim

--

Re: Re: need reference page for how to write a png from res/drawable to background as wallpaper

by Saurav » Fri, 20 May 2011 14:05:32 GMT

 I am guessing this is what u want,

WallpaperManager manager = WallpaperManager.getInstance(this);
try {
manager.setResource(R.drawable.wallpaper);
 } catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

U need to add SET_WALLPAPER permissions in ur manifest file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Saurav Mukherjee.

--

Re: need reference page for how to write a png from res/drawable to background as wallpaper

by Spooky » Fri, 20 May 2011 17:39:08 GMT

Looks like exactly what I need.  Thanks!   I also have something
far more likely to get better search results (for a reference page),
too---so thanks for that, as well!

Later,
   --jim

1. Sambel cap cabe gunung

percayaaaaaaaaa.....sol ah..

*japriin dunk bos harganya..

sent from Eclair 2.0.1

Berhubung mungkin di belanda ada kecap abc, ini kasih foto sambel saos tomat
cap cabe gunung aja, yg botol beling kaya botol bir bintang :-) khas saos
tomat warung indomie dibuat dari gaplek.

Keyboard milestone ngga enak euy, susah mencetnya rata. Better mastering
better keynboard, atau pake nexus ajeh hehe.

Salam,

Lucky Sebastian
@K-9 android

Click