Logcat debug level --help

by Yash Jain » Thu, 07 Apr 2011 21:13:00 GMT

 Hello All,
I have one dumb question,
when i read a logcat message through command logcat -d, i will get a list of
all events with the prefix I, V, D, W, and E which represent *I*nformation,
*V*erbose, *D*ebug, *W*arning and *E*rror.
I am interested only to display the error messages in the log file( logcat
-f log_error.txt) or to the console( logcat -d).
Can anyone help me to print only the error log messages.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Yash Jain.

--

Re: Logcat debug level --help

by Michael » Fri, 08 Apr 2011 07:01:48 GMT

 try adb logcat *:e

Re: Logcat debug level --help

by Yash Jain » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:47:02 GMT

 Hello All,
Thanks for your inputs, Filtering of log message helped me lot to debug.

Regards,
Yash.