Is there an Android view/layout/widget that allows flinging/swiping between included views?

by E. » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 04:59:53 GMT

 I'm looking for a layout that includes different views and allows
switching between them, but unlike the tab view which switches
instantly and uses a large amount of screen real estate, allows the
user to fling/swipe between the views (ideally with small images
indicating how many views are available and which one is the current
one like, forgive me, iPhone apps display).

The HorizontalScrollView view allows flinging, but does not have a
separation between screens.

If there isn't a standard component that does this, is there another
that is often used for this purpose?

I realize I could implement this myself without too much trouble using
gestures, but I'd like to avoid reinventing the wheel (if, that is,
it's already been invented in this case) and defining my own
thresholds for the fling action means my app and other apps that try
to do the same thing do not provide a consistent user experience.

--

Re: Is there an Android view/layout/widget that allows flinging/swiping between included views?

by Mark Murphy » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 05:06:21 GMT

ViewFlipper, augmented with gesture detection, such as:

https://github.com/commonsguy/cwac-viewswiper

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com  |  http://github.com/commonsguy

Android App Developer Books:  http://commonsware.com/books

RE: Is there an Android view/layout/widget that allows flinging/swiping between included views?

by Tommy » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 05:06:32 GMT

 Take a look at the ViewFlipper
 http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/ViewFlipper.html you
can then impliment your own gesture dection for swipe/fling left/right and
switch the tabs accordingly using the viewflippers next feature.

[...]

1. How to store images at runtime and then access it in a WebView throw a IMG tag ?

This might help:
http://code.google.com/p/apps-for-android/source/browse/#svn/trunk/Samples/WebViewDemo

2. Notice: Holiday Post Moderation

Hey everyone,
Just a heads up that with the holiday season in full swing, most of Google's
engineering team will be on vacation. This includes those who
have volunteered their time to moderate this group.

I'll still be checking in on things, as will some of my colleagues, but
please don't be suprised if it takes a little longer than usual to get your
posts approved.

(And for those of you who don't know: Moderation normally only applies to
users who have never posted before. If you've been around for a while, your
posts will continue to flow without delay.)

Thanks for your understanding, and happy holidays!

--
Trevor Johns
Developer Advocate, Android

--
.

3. Button Onclick Events-Page Navigation

4. HD2 mdeejay revolution ga bisa install aplikasi

5. Next year I would like to see Android....

6. How to get precise call state?

7. The ulltimate Android development experience