Is there an Android view/layout/widget that allows flinging/swiping between included views?

by E. » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 04:59:53 GMT

 I'm looking for a layout that includes different views and allows
switching between them, but unlike the tab view which switches
instantly and uses a large amount of screen real estate, allows the
user to fling/swipe between the views (ideally with small images
indicating how many views are available and which one is the current
one like, forgive me, iPhone apps display).

The HorizontalScrollView view allows flinging, but does not have a
separation between screens.

If there isn't a standard component that does this, is there another
that is often used for this purpose?

I realize I could implement this myself without too much trouble using
gestures, but I'd like to avoid reinventing the wheel (if, that is,
it's already been invented in this case) and defining my own
thresholds for the fling action means my app and other apps that try
to do the same thing do not provide a consistent user experience.

--

Re: Is there an Android view/layout/widget that allows flinging/swiping between included views?

by Mark Murphy » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 05:06:21 GMT

ViewFlipper, augmented with gesture detection, such as:

https://github.com/commonsguy/cwac-viewswiper

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com  |  http://github.com/commonsguy

Android App Developer Books:  http://commonsware.com/books

RE: Is there an Android view/layout/widget that allows flinging/swiping between included views?

by Tommy » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 05:06:32 GMT

 Take a look at the ViewFlipper
 http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/ViewFlipper.html you
can then impliment your own gesture dection for swipe/fling left/right and
switch the tabs accordingly using the viewflippers next feature.

[...]

1. Fragmentation-resistant product design

Guys

We have noticed that while all the phones (that we have seen) store
photo timestamps in the Local timezones in which they were clicked,
the Motorola Droid Pro store EXIF photo timestamps in GMT. The photo
viewer shows it in the timezone of the viewer (Confirmed by
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/39204).

Any advice on how to handle this issue more from a design perspective?
As we keep identifying more issues of this sort, we are adding
abstractions at different points where our code interacts with the
system. Is this the way to go? Also, any advice on how to identify a
device? We are planning to use make and model keywords like
Make=Motorola, Model=DROID PRO, Product=venus2_vzw, Device="verizon/
venus2_vzw/cdma_venus2/venus2:2.2.1/3.4.2_80_V2_87/8:user/release-
keys"

Vikram

--

2. Change UI when executing an instruction

Hello,
I want to change the UI(if possible just add an image to the UI) when
i'm well connected to the server(i'm developping a SIP application) by
adding an imaged "Connected" .
In fact, i've made this but i have a FC:
public void onRegistrationDone(String localProfileUri, long
expiryTime) {
                        updateStatus("Registered to server.");
                        Log.d("SUCCEED","Registration DONE");
                        setContentView(R.layout.connected);
                        }

connected is an XMl file that has a textview(with same id as the
main.xml) and the image that i want to add.
How can i do this?

Thank you very much.

--

3. android sdk on FreeBSD in Linux emulation mode

4. (WTA) Cara mindahin konten sdcard

5. Which devices support point attentuation?

6. zipalign level 4 or level 8?

7. Assigned SDK-Version, minSdkVersion and ADT emulator version