How to style a button to look like a spinner

by Steven » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 04:52:26 GMT

 I want to create a button that "looks" like a spinner element using
the declarative XML layout approach.

This question was asked in Oct 2009, but I could not find a direct
answer to the following post:

Other Threads

1. ContentView gets all screwed up after making phone call

In my content view, I have built in the ability to call a number via
the Dialer when the user presses the CALL button.  The call works
fine, but when I back out of the Dialer and go back into my
application, the views and the redrawing mechanisms are completely
screwed up, and the application is unusable.

For instance, when I select one of my ImageButtons, the image usually
magnifies by 25%, but when I do this after entering the dialer app,
the image enlarges but the frame stays the exact same, meaning that I
only see a small section of the enlarged view.  Also, when I press the
RIGHT button, my ListView should display different text (as it does
pre-Dialer), but it fails to do so post-Dialer... it doesn't do
anything at the moment.

Just wondering if there's anything that causes this to occur and
whether or not they may be fixed.  Thanks.

2. What the heck is a task ?

Guillaume,

This is a really excellent question and there's a document written to
cover the application model that talks about tasks that you can read at
http://code.google.com/android/intro/appmodel.html . After looking over
over that, please come back with any specific questions you have.

In terms of launch modes and Intent flags, remember, most of the time, the
default behavior is what you want. Try without setting launch modes or
flags and only then if it doesn't work as you want, start worrying about
these things.

Cheers,
Justin
Android Team @ Google