How to get Contact information in array

by Arsalan » Fri, 14 Jan 2011 21:15:03 GMT

 Im new to android development, im trying to retrieve contact list with
there name and phone numbers.i try following code :

 // Get a cursor over every contact.
  Cursor cursor = getContentResolver().query(People.CONTENT_URI,null,
null, null, null);
   // Let the activity manage the cursor lifecycle.
     startManagingCursor(cursor);
     // Use the convenience properties to get the index of the
columns
  int nameIdx = cursor.getColumnIndexOrThrow(People.NAME);
     int phoneIdx = cursor. getColumnIndexOrThrow(People.NUMBER);
    String[] result = new String[cursor.getCount()];
  if (cursor.moveToFirst())
    do {
       // Extract the name.
       String name = cursor.getString(nameIdx);
        // Extract the phone number.
       String phone = cursor.getString(phoneIdx);
      result[cursor.getPosition()] = name + "-" +" "+  phone;
     } while(cursor.moveToNext());

this code should return an array with the all contacts name and its
phone number but this only return name of the contact and return NULL
in phone number,

Example Output:

 John - null

Please help me in this regards thats whats wrong in this code. Any
help in this regards will highly apreaciated, and its urgent thanks in
advance.

--

Re: How to get Contact information in array

by Kumar Bibek » Fri, 14 Jan 2011 21:19:29 GMT

 Either you are not using the right column, or you don't have any phone
number for John.

Morever, this class is deprecated, and it might not work properly on
emulators/devices beyond 1.5. Use ContactsContract instead.
Kumar Bibek
 http://techdroid.kbeanie.com
 http://www.kbeanie.com

1. Fwd: How to disallow task switching

Hi All,
How to disallow task switching? It is possible
Thanks
David