Google Checkout Change - delayed bulk payments.

by Nathan » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 07:23:47 GMT

 Hmm. . .

Sure, in some ways, the bulk, delayed payment makes things easier for
your accountant.

The transition could be rough. No cash flow between February 1st and
March 15th.

If someone is making a living as an Android Developer, it's like
saying "Oh, no paycheck in February, sorry."

I didn't know Google/Carriers were hurting for cash so much that they
are trying to make money on the float.

Nathan

===================================================================================================================================

Dear Checkout Seller:

We are making changes to our current Terms of Service with you
("Agreement"):

A. Beginning on February 1, 2011, if you link your Seller account to
the Android Market or another Google Marketplace, all your
transactions will be subject to a set monthly payout schedule, as
follows:

If your account is linked, for transactions submitted for capture
within a calendar month, we will transfer funds to your Settlement
Account before close of business on the 15th day of the following
calendar month. For example, if your account is linked and a
transaction is submitted for capture on February 22, 2011, the payout
for that transaction would occur before the close of business on March
15, 2011.  This monthly payout schedule will apply to all payment
transactions processed for linked accounts, whether or not the
transaction is conducted through a Google Marketplace. If you do not
link your Seller account to a Google Marketplace, your payout schedule
is not affected.

B. We are removing the option to receive payouts from GPC by check or
wire transfer.

The revised Agreement is located here:
https://checkout.google.com/customer/tos/viewdocument.html?docId=0.sellertos/US/1/1/und

If you do not agree to these changes, you may terminate your Agreement
with us by sending a notice of termination to ontact Usin the
Merchant Help Center before February 1, 2011. If you do not terminate
the Agreement before February 1, 2011 in this way, you will be deemed
to have accepted the revised Agreement.

If you have any questions, you may contact us through the Merchant
Help Centre:  http://checkout.google.com/sell/support/

Thanks for using Checkout.

2010 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update
you about important changes to your Google Checkout account.

--
.

Re: Google Checkout Change - delayed bulk payments.

by Maps.Huge.Info (Maps API Guru) » Mon, 06 Dec 2010 06:10:23 GMT

 This only makes sense for both Google and the developers. It's been
that way forever for AdSense. Earnings made between Jan 1 and Jan 31
are paid on Feb 26, so Google is just following a well known and
accepted method for Android developers. Anyone who is that dependent
on daily deposits should start saving their money now or perhaps find
a temp job at their local food bank for the period they won't be
seeing those pennies flowing into their account.

-John Coryat

--
.

Re: Re: Google Checkout Change - delayed bulk payments.

by Brian Conrad » Mon, 06 Dec 2010 10:06:11 GMT

 Monthly payouts are what most portals and esellers do.  Google was the
exception.

- Brian

This only makes sense for both Google and the developers. It's been that way forever for AdSense. Earnings made between Jan 1 and Jan 31 are paid on Feb 26, so Google is just following a well known and accepted method for Android developers. Anyone who is that dependent on daily deposits should start saving their money now or perhaps find a temp job at their local food bank for the period they won't be seeing those pennies flowing into their account. -John Coryat
-- .

Re: Google Checkout Change - delayed bulk payments.

by Nathan » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 03:36:20 GMT

It's probably to be expected. You wonder why they did the quick
payments in the first place. It seems like they initially based the
Market on eBay and PayPal rather than esellers like Handango.

If they are going the eseller route, can they just pay it as a
wholesale purchase or royalties so I wouldn't have to mess with all
the sales tax? That is what esellers do. OK, one can hope.

It makes sense for Google. No benefit to developers, other than
knowing about it, since it was bound to change at some point.

The local food bank here takes *volunteers*.

If someone is making a living or employing several developers, it
won't be pennies. But perhaps that's all theoretical.

It says something about this market if *no one* is inconvenienced by a
month disruption in cash flow. We ought to tell that to the next
person asking how much money they can make with Android Apps.

Newbie: Can I make *real* money with Android apps?
Us: In February, the cash flow was shut off for a month and no one
noticed. So I guess not.

Nathan

--
.

Other Threads

1. Fake Multitouch : was --禄 WTA: CSL Blueberry MI 410

Guys,

Untuk membedakan fake multitouch dengan enggak gimana caranya ya ?

Thanks before

peter.hermawan@mobile