aidl link error, couldn't find import for class com.android.internal.telephony.gsm.NetworkInfo

by maliha » Thu, 19 May 2011 19:49:34 GMT

I am trying to re-use PhoneUtils.java (~/android_src/packages/apps/
Phone/src/com/android/phone/) within my app with some customizations.

I have added INetworkQueryServiceCallback.aidl and
INetworkQueryService.aidl into my app folder (~/android_src/packages/
apps/USSDActivity/src/com/myapp/ussdactivitytest) however when i am
building alongside android source I am getting the following error:

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Aidl: com.myapp.ussdactivity <= packages/apps/USSDActivity/src/com/
myapp/ussdactivitytest/INetworkQueryService.aidl
Aidl: com.myapp.ussdactivity <= packages/apps/USSDActivity/src/com/
myapp/ussdactivitytest/INetworkQueryServiceCallback.aidl
packages/apps/USSDActivity/src/com/myapp/ussdactivitytest/
INetworkQueryServiceCallback.aidl:19: couldn't find import for class
com.android.internal.telephony.gsm.NetworkInfo
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/
com.myapp.ussdactivity_intermediates/src/src/com/myapp/
ussdactivitytest/INetworkQueryServiceCallback.java] Error 1

Android.mk:
LOCAL_PATH:= $(call my-dir)
include $(CLEAR_VARS)
LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := optional
LOCAL_SRC_FILES := $(call all-java-files-under, src)
LOCAL_SRC_FILES += \
        src/com/myapp/ussdactivitytest/EventLogTags.logtags \
        src/com/myapp/ussdactivitytest/INetworkQueryService.aidl \
        src/com/myapp/ussdactivitytest/
INetworkQueryServiceCallback.aidl

#maliha before any including any $(BUILD_XXXX) script.
LOCAL_MODULE := com.myapp.ussdactivity
include $(BUILD_STATIC_JAVA_LIBRARY)
include $(CLEAR_VARS)
LOCAL_STATIC_JAVA_LIBRARIES := com.android.phone.common
LOCAL_JAVA_LIBRARIES := core framework
#maliha fix FRAMEWORKS_BASE_JAVA_SRC_DIRS comes from build/core/
pathmap.mk
LOCAL_AIDL_INCLUDES += $(FRAMEWORKS_BASE_JAVA_SRC_DIRS)

LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := optional
LOCAL_SRC_FILES := $(call all-java-files-under, src)
LOCAL_SRC_FILES += \
        src/com/myapp/ussdactivitytest/EventLogTags.logtags \
        src/com/myapp/ussdactivitytest/INetworkQueryService.aidl \
        src/com/myapp/ussdactivitytest/
INetworkQueryServiceCallback.aidl

LOCAL_PACKAGE_NAME := USSDActivity
LOCAL_CERTIFICATE := platform
include $(BUILD_PACKAGE)
# Build the test package
include $(call all-makefiles-under,$(LOCAL_PATH))

Cheerio!
- Maliha

--

aidl link error, couldn't find import for class com.android.internal.telephony.gsm.NetworkInfo

by maliha » Thu, 19 May 2011 22:35:34 GMT

 Hi,

[...]

1. SharedPreferences vs Database, when to use which?

I made a simple login page, I pretty much regurgitated the
"Forwarding" example in the API Demo.

In addition, I added a "Remember Me" check box, which I promptly
stored in a SharedPreference as  boolean.  I did some digging in the
File Explorer, and found I could extract that XML file.  Would I be
able to do this in for real if I grabbed a USB cable and attempted to
grab that XML file on a real phone?

So now, if "rememberMe" is set to true, they don't need to enter their
username/passwrod anymore.  Is this really the best way to go?  Or
should I have made a UserBean and do that Java stuff, or should I have
stored that stuff in the SQLLite?

Alternatively, if I have rather few data to store, why not just use
SharedPreferences only and s{*filter*}the whole idea of using SQLLite?

Just throwing out ideas, trying to figure out what the best model/
design is and the pros and cons of each.

Is there any built in encryption for any of these?

2. Need help on supporting IGMP protocol onandroid

Justin:

Do you know much about the data storage on Android? I know a specific path is
followed for DB creation, and such, but is it possible or will it ever be
possible to store data or create a DB on an SD card?

For example, to store numbers for a phone book application or to maybe store
texts, call logs, etc...

Sent via BlackBerry