ActionBarSherlock: Action Bar Helper for All Android Versions.

by Jake Wharton » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 00:25:03 GMT

 Good morning developers,

I wanted to let everyone know that I have released version 2.0 of my
library, ActionBarSherlock<https://github.com/JakeWharton/ActionBarSherlock/>,
which facilitates the use of the action bar design pattern on all version of
Android.

The library will automatically use the native ActionBar if it is available
(currently only Android 3.0) or fall back to a custom third-party
implementation of your choice (e.g.,
GreenDroid<https://github.com/hameno/GreenDroid>,
Android-ActionBar <https://github.com/johannilsson/android-actionbar>,
etc.). This should allow you to only have to maintain a single set of
activities and layouts in most cases.

There are sample implementations, example APKs, and of course the library
source code available on its GitHub project
page<https://github.com/JakeWharton/ActionBarSherlock/>
.

I welcome all comments, suggestions, and criticism via reply to this thread,
directly via email <jakewhar...@gmail.com>, using GitHub messages,
issues<https://github.com/JakeWharton/ActionBarSherlock/issues>,
or pull requests, or on Twitter < http://twitter.com/JakeWharton> ;. Large lump
sums of money are also accepted.

--

RE: ActionBarSherlock: Action Bar Helper for All Android Versions.

by 鏇惧皯褰 » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 04:21:48 GMT

 thanks man. it's cool

I wanted to let everyone know that I have released version 2.0 of my library,
ActionBarSherlock, which facilitates the use of the action bar design pattern
on all version of Android.

The library will automatically use the native ActionBar if it is available
(currently only Android 3.0) or fall back to a custom third-party
implementation of your choice (e.g., GreenDroid, Android-ActionBar, etc.). This
should allow you to only have to maintain a single set of activities and
layouts in most cases.

There are sample implementations, example APKs, and of course the library
source code available on its GitHub project page.

I welcome all comments, suggestions, and criticism via reply to this thread,
directly via email, using GitHub messages, issues, or pull requests, or on
Twitter. Large lump sums of money are also accepted.

1. Content Delivery (Ringtones, Wallpaper, Games, etc)

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find the best way to consistently identify a unique
subscriber using an Android phone to download content like ringtones,
wallpaper, games, etc. When an Android phone browses my web-based
content storefront using the phone's browser over 3G, I am able to get
the phone number from the headers sent to my server. However, when a
content download begins, the phone retrieves the content using a
different application, and therefore does not send the same headers
and does not maintain the same HTTP session, preventing me from
getting the phone number and preventing me from seeing this phone as
the same subscriber that was browsing earlier. Is there any other way
to uniquely identify the subscriber on the server-side when this
happens? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--

2. App working but GoogleMap not coming (proxy settings working)

Hi,

I have a very simple app showing current Position using GPS-Provider
in emulator. (Location is being picked up from emulator Control). If I
send any updated location, the new location also getting picked
(showing toast) and able to animate to new point. I'm working behind a
firewall (proxy enabled).
- App is showing the MapView but background is Grey with line-Grids
(not real google maps visible)
- Proxy is working fine.
What can be the reason for actual maps not getting visible? Do we need
to get access 'enabled' for any kind of URL (which might getting
blocked by firewall)?

Please suggest.

thanks
Raminder

--

3. How to open a nested child PreferenceScreen

4. Please help me with calculating direction from point A to B

5. New to Developing, Need Insight

6. Set password text as case sensitive

7. how to get specific preference in Java code from an XML preferences file?