ActionBarSherlock: Action Bar Helper for All Android Versions.

by Jake Wharton » Fri, 11 Mar 2011 00:25:03 GMT

 Good morning developers,

I wanted to let everyone know that I have released version 2.0 of my
library, ActionBarSherlock<https://github.com/JakeWharton/ActionBarSherlock/>,
which facilitates the use of the action bar design pattern on all version of
Android.

The library will automatically use the native ActionBar if it is available
(currently only Android 3.0) or fall back to a custom third-party
implementation of your choice (e.g.,
GreenDroid<https://github.com/hameno/GreenDroid>,
Android-ActionBar <https://github.com/johannilsson/android-actionbar>,
etc.). This should allow you to only have to maintain a single set of
activities and layouts in most cases.

There are sample implementations, example APKs, and of course the library
source code available on its GitHub project
page<https://github.com/JakeWharton/ActionBarSherlock/>
.

I welcome all comments, suggestions, and criticism via reply to this thread,
directly via email <jakewhar...@gmail.com>, using GitHub messages,
issues<https://github.com/JakeWharton/ActionBarSherlock/issues>,
or pull requests, or on Twitter < http://twitter.com/JakeWharton> ;. Large lump
sums of money are also accepted.

--

RE: ActionBarSherlock: Action Bar Helper for All Android Versions.

by 鏇惧皯褰 » Sat, 12 Mar 2011 04:21:48 GMT

 thanks man. it's cool

I wanted to let everyone know that I have released version 2.0 of my library,
ActionBarSherlock, which facilitates the use of the action bar design pattern
on all version of Android.

The library will automatically use the native ActionBar if it is available
(currently only Android 3.0) or fall back to a custom third-party
implementation of your choice (e.g., GreenDroid, Android-ActionBar, etc.). This
should allow you to only have to maintain a single set of activities and
layouts in most cases.

There are sample implementations, example APKs, and of course the library
source code available on its GitHub project page.

I welcome all comments, suggestions, and criticism via reply to this thread,
directly via email, using GitHub messages, issues, or pull requests, or on
Twitter. Large lump sums of money are also accepted.

1. Does Android Eclair code base support "Plugins" in "Android Browser"?

Hi group, Any info please. Thanks.

- AJ

> Dec'2008.

2. Android internal storage - what are the limits?

As far as I know, till you have space left in the storage(phone/
sdcard), you should be able to extend the DB. I don't exactly know how
SQLite works for large dbs.

I have never run out of space with my apps. But It's an interesting
question though. I would like to know more about it.

Kumar Bibek
http://tech-droid.blogspot.com

> Thanks in advance!

3. Diconnecting Phone Call Programatically

4. Nexus One - Stalled when downloading Apps from Market using Wi-Fi

5. Service operation

6. Prolonged touching (>30s) in one area causes onTouchEvent to stop registering?

7. Windows Driver for Nexus One so that Adb can detect the phone