a wacky workaround to get Nexus One usb driver installed on windows 7

by monkey.jsun » Thu, 19 May 2011 12:18:20 GMT

 I have wasted almost a day trying to get my nexus one connected to my
Acer laptop running windows 7 professional 64bit. The basic symptom is
that even if I point windows driver update to where the driver
software is (SDK/extras/google/usb_driver), windows still says there
is no driver found.

I finally looked at the properties of "Nexus One" device and saw its
hardware id's are

USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E12&REV_0227
USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E12

So I add the following line to SDK/extras/google/usb_driver/
android_winusb.inf file (the one ends with <<<<<)

;Google NexusOne
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0D02
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0D02&MI_01
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E11
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E12&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E12
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E22&MI_01

[USB_Install]
Include = winusb.inf
Needs   = WINUSB.NT

That does the trick! I think somehow window's usb driver is not
working properly on my laptop (probably due to VMWare) and did not get
the device id correctly. Or google's usb inf has a bug. I just want to
post it so that someone else may save time in the future.

Cheers.

Jun

--

Re: a wacky workaround to get Nexus One usb driver installed on windows 7

by Eamonn Dunne » Thu, 19 May 2011 21:32:53 GMT

 I'm pretty sure thats an issue with the VM, as I installed the drivers
without issue on the same setup.

1. tab bar

How to show tab bar in android ?

--

2. Modem broadband 3

Tri ngeluarin modem broadband (bundling) seharga 680 ribu + free unlimited 3
bulan pertama.

HSPA:  1,6 hsdpa & 1,4 hsupa
85 ribu/bulan unlimited (belum ppn)

Siap. Thanks infonya. Sol