Multicast problem

by Thiago B. » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 01:48:53 GMT

 Hi, I'm trying to develop an application that need to send UDP
Multicast packets to the local network.
There is a few equipments that respond to this packets and send back
some informations.
I'm not worried with the server right now, because there is a server
on the same network that collect all this multicast data.
I just want to make my mobile able to send the request message to
start the process.

My client class is called MCastClient, see below:
import java.net.DatagramPacket;
import java.net.InetAddress;
import java.net.MulticastSocket;

public class MCastClient {
        private int port = 50000;
        private String addr = "239.192.1.100";
        private MulticastSocket sock = null;

        public void sendData(String data) {
                try {
                        InetAddress group = InetAddress.getByName(addr);

                        sock = new MulticastSocket(port);

                        sock.joinGroup(group);

                        DatagramPacket dataPckt = new
DatagramPacket(data.getBytes(),
                                        data.length(), group, port);

                        sock.send(dataPckt);
                        sock.leaveGroup(group);
                        sock.close();
                } catch (Exception e) {}

It runs perfectly on my computer as a Java Application.

On the Android Emulator i create a simple application with a button
and add a OnClickListener.

    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
    setContentView(R.layout.main);

    final MCastClient mcClient = new MCastClient();
    Button btn = (Button)findViewById(R.id.btn_send);

    btn.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener() {
        @Override
        public void onClick(View v) {
            mcClient.sendData("001RequestData");
        }
    });

I believe that my packet is not arriving on the local network.
I already did some test with the command "redir add udp:50000:50000"
on telnet port of the emulator, that i got from
 http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/emulator.html #connecting.

There is any other command that can forward ports to the emulator?
I'm almost putting a port sniffer on my machine just to check what is
happening.

Thanks for the help, it will be very appreciated.
Thiago B.

Multicast problem

by David Turner » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 19:14:35 GMT

 Sorry, but the emulator currently doesn't support multicast :-(

1. Melambat

Hero saya ternyata melambat setelgh pemakaian 3/4 hari tanpa restart.
Apa solusinya?
Pakai taskkiller kah? (saya baca aplikasi tsb tidak disarankan)

Thanks

2. Bagus mana yah

Cakep yang kanan :-)

Mohammad Jaedi