Does the web browser that came with Android support svg files?

by Videoguy » Thu, 05 Mar 2009 04:33:21 GMT

 Hi
I have an svg file created in Inkscape app. I am wondering whether the
Android web browser can render svg file or not.
If not, is there a plugin that I can install to make it work?

Thanks
Videoguy

Does the web browser that came with Android support svg files?

by Mark Murphy » Thu, 05 Mar 2009 04:36:40 GMT

Not that I am aware of.

Unless somebody has ported the experimental SVG-in-WebKit support to
Android, no.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com

Does the web browser that came with Android support svg files?

by clark » Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:51:43 GMT

 Is this something that will be supported in the future, assuming the
experimental code goes through the propper testing and becomes stable
for release?

~clark

1. New Year "2010" Google Give Free "2010" Gift Click & apply

New Year "2010" Google Give Free "2010" Gift Click & apply

http://sciencearo.blogspot.com/

http://sciencearo.blogspot.com/

http://sciencearo.blogspot.com/

--

2. CyanogenMod-4.2.10 is out (Kernel Port 32A)

Kernel port utk magic di http://briancrook.ca/magic/bc-4.2.10-ebi1-signed.zip.