raw resources in worker thread

by Bob » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:35:45 GMT

How do I access raw resources in a worker thread?   I have been trying
to use Context.getResources but this seems to create some type of
handler error.

Thanks,
Bob

1. One service to rule them all

I have a need to manage a large number of Androids at one time. I have
a large suite of applications that I need to be able to talk to and
share data with.  All the management needs to take place from a
central server.  What I would like to do is have a service running on
Android that manages my suite of applications as well as all
communications.  I have a few questions though:

-Is it possible to push new applications to an Android over a socket
and install it?

-How feasible would it be to have my service route communications to
the appropriate application?  That is, if the app is open, send it
data, otherwise store it, ignore it, launch it, etc.

-Can I build a service with a plugin architecture such that I can
deploy new modules to it on the fly.  Would it have to restart
itself?  Can it restart itself?

Thanks for the help

2. Wired+Wireless Tether apk

Di cm 4.2.11 bisa?