Import bug MapView Superclass not found Dalvik class loader

by Fred Grott(shareme) » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 22:59:29 GMT

 ello and Good Morning,

I was doing examples of MapView to finish my templates for the
AndCooper Build tool and found that no matter what example I try I get
the same exception errors in SDK 1.5r3..

First lets head off the obvious.

-No widgets are present in the example.
-Simple class:

package com.mobilebytes.mymapview;

import com.google.android.maps.MapActivity;
import com.google.android.maps.MapController;
import com.google.android.maps.MapView;
import com.google.android.maps.MyLocationOverlay;

import android.os.Bundle;

public class MyMapViewActivity extends MapActivity {

private MapView mapView;
private MapController controller;

@Override
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

setContentView(R.layout.main);
initMapView();
initMyLocation();

}

/** Find and initialize the map view. */
private void initMapView() {
mapView = (MapView) findViewById(R.id.mapview);
controller = mapView.getController();
mapView.setSatellite(true);
mapView.setBuiltInZoomControls(true);
}

/** Start tracking the position on the map. */
private void initMyLocation() {
final MyLocationOverlay overlay = new MyLocationOverlay(this,
mapView);
overlay.enableMyLocation();
//overlay.enableCompass(); // does not work in emulator
overlay.runOnFirstFix(new Runnable() {
public void run() {
// Zoom in to current location
controller.setZoom(8);
controller.animateTo(overlay.getMyLocation());
}
});
mapView.getOverlays().add(overlay);
}

@Override
protected boolean isRouteDisplayed() {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub
return false;

AndroidManifest:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
package="com.mobilebytes.mymapview"
android:versionCode="1"
android:versionName="1.0">
<uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/
app_name">
<activity android:name=".MyMapViewActivity"
android:label="@string/app_name">
<uses-library
android:name="com.google.android.maps" />
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
<category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
</intent-filter>
</activity>
</application>
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3" />

</manifest>

Layout/main.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"

Import bug MapView Superclass not found Dalvik class loader

by Fred Grott(shareme) » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 23:03:37 GMT

 ever mind found the error

Placement of the uses-library of Google Maps has to occur after the
ending activity tag..