When I run my program, emulator runs, but program does not run

by Rob_android » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:11:59 GMT

 Hello,

I have installed android SDK on windows Vista. I have also installed
the eclipse IDE and the android plugin for eclipse. When I run my
hello, android code(via run->run open dialog), the project is setup ok
in the dialog. When I run the code, there are no errors and the
emulator is automatically launched but my code is not running on it.
Instead android is shown on the screen and then after a while a red
dot goes back and forth in the center of the screen forever (as if it
is waiting or search for something). I have tried everything in the
troubleshooting section of this web site, but the emulator is still
not running the code. When I tried running the notepadv1 exercise, the
same thing happens. Any suggestions please?

Rob_android

When I run my program, emulator runs, but program does not run

by Bushnaq, Ahmad » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:26:33 GMT

 How long did you wait after starting the emulator? It takes almost 2
minutes the first time. Do you have LogCat enabled(Window, Show View,
Other, LogCat - under android)?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rob_android
I have installed android SDK on windows Vista. I have also installed
the eclipse IDE and the android plugin for eclipse. When I run my
hello, android code(via run->run open dialog), the project is setup ok
in the dialog. When I run the code, there are no errors and the
emulator is automatically launched but my code is not running on it.
Instead android is shown on the screen and then after a while a red
dot goes back and forth in the center of the screen forever (as if it
is waiting or search for something). I have tried everything in the
troubleshooting section of this web site, but the emulator is still
not running the code. When I tried running the notepadv1 exercise, the
same thing happens. Any suggestions please?

Rob_android

When I run my program, emulator runs, but program does not run

by [EMAIL PROTECTED] » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:04:11 GMT

 How much memory do you have on the Vista machine?

When I run my program, emulator runs, but program does not run

by Rob_android » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:24:48 GMT

 Last night I left the emulator on and went away. When I came back
(about 20 minutes later), it seemed to be working. It does take a long
time to get started!
Thanks for the information on LogCat. I have it turned on now.

Rob_android

When I run my program, emulator runs, but program does not run

by mike5 » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:25:05 GMT

 How much memory do you have?

When I run my program, emulator runs, but program does not run

by Rob_android » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:07:16 GMT

 I have 2GB of memory. If you see above, I was able to get the emulator
to work last night. It seems the emulator takes a long time to load,
when I thought it was hung! This time I turned on LogCat and was able
to see what was going on.

Rob_Android.

1. Camera driver on Nexus One v2.3.3

I'm trying to debug or work around camera driver issues on
Gingerbread.  In our app, the camera preview will start up, graba a
few frames, and then crash the camera driver with the following error
message:
   liboemcamera: config_proc_ctrl_command: SEVERE ERROR: attempt to
override pending command 13 with 58

The app continues to run fine, but never receives anymore preview
frames.  Thus, the preview SurfaceView appears frozen and the app
never recognizes the expected barcode.  Recreating the SurfaceView
within the same session will reset the camera enough to grab a couple
more preview frames.

This seems related to other users seeing the above error message on
Nexus One with Gingerbread.
   http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15112
   http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15801

They claim is it specific to Nexus One, but I can't be certain about
my problem, as our Nexus One is our only Gingerbread phone.
Additionally, others apps on our phone (Camera, Barcode Scanner, etc.)
no longer exhibit this issue, lending me to believe there is a work
around.  Following the suggestions in the above tickets (specifically,
minimizing Camera.Parameters reads) has not solved my problem.

At the very least, I need the piece-of-mind that our issue is limited
to Gingerbread on Nexus One before a big Gingerbread updates comes to
some phone with a larger user base.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  As would feedback about our
app (CheckPoints) on other Gingerbread phones.

--

2. Porting 2.3 Dalvik to 2.2

Hi,

For all the benefits of 2.3 Dalvik, I was planning to port it to our
platform which uses 2.2.

Has anyone tried this ? Is it straightforward or  involves lot of
changes ?

Regds,
Pradeep

--

3. MessageBox style Preference

4. Harus sun java

5. Google maps 5.3.1

6. Google maps update 5.3.1

7. How to design the function to select the text?