When I run my program, emulator runs, but program does not run

by Rob_android » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:11:59 GMT

 Hello,

I have installed android SDK on windows Vista. I have also installed
the eclipse IDE and the android plugin for eclipse. When I run my
hello, android code(via run->run open dialog), the project is setup ok
in the dialog. When I run the code, there are no errors and the
emulator is automatically launched but my code is not running on it.
Instead android is shown on the screen and then after a while a red
dot goes back and forth in the center of the screen forever (as if it
is waiting or search for something). I have tried everything in the
troubleshooting section of this web site, but the emulator is still
not running the code. When I tried running the notepadv1 exercise, the
same thing happens. Any suggestions please?

Rob_android

When I run my program, emulator runs, but program does not run

by Bushnaq, Ahmad » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:26:33 GMT

 How long did you wait after starting the emulator? It takes almost 2
minutes the first time. Do you have LogCat enabled(Window, Show View,
Other, LogCat - under android)?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rob_android
I have installed android SDK on windows Vista. I have also installed
the eclipse IDE and the android plugin for eclipse. When I run my
hello, android code(via run->run open dialog), the project is setup ok
in the dialog. When I run the code, there are no errors and the
emulator is automatically launched but my code is not running on it.
Instead android is shown on the screen and then after a while a red
dot goes back and forth in the center of the screen forever (as if it
is waiting or search for something). I have tried everything in the
troubleshooting section of this web site, but the emulator is still
not running the code. When I tried running the notepadv1 exercise, the
same thing happens. Any suggestions please?

Rob_android

When I run my program, emulator runs, but program does not run

by [EMAIL PROTECTED] » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:04:11 GMT

 How much memory do you have on the Vista machine?

When I run my program, emulator runs, but program does not run

by Rob_android » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:24:48 GMT

 Last night I left the emulator on and went away. When I came back
(about 20 minutes later), it seemed to be working. It does take a long
time to get started!
Thanks for the information on LogCat. I have it turned on now.

Rob_android

When I run my program, emulator runs, but program does not run

by mike5 » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:25:05 GMT

 How much memory do you have?

When I run my program, emulator runs, but program does not run

by Rob_android » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:07:16 GMT

 I have 2GB of memory. If you see above, I was able to get the emulator
to work last night. It seems the emulator takes a long time to load,
when I thought it was hung! This time I turned on LogCat and was able
to see what was going on.

Rob_Android.

1. How to get the event when the _current_ application install finished.

Hi, All:

I want to do something immediately after my application installed into the
system. Is there such intent or hook to do this?
With many thanks.

BR, Feng.

--

2. Is it possible to start activity when received a broadcast?

Hi, All:
I found that the "onReceive" of broadcast intent can't start an activity
explicitly. Is there any way to start an activity when I receive a
broadcast?
eg: I need an interaction UI with user when specific package has been
installed in the system.

With many thanks.

BR, Feng

--

3. Upgrade to Android 1.6 on Google IO Device -- where did Amazon MP3 go?

4. Detecting screen size group (normal,large, small)

5. Google Goggles

6. Camcorder not woking for video recording sdk1.6r1

7. HTC 2010 roadmap? Silakan dipilih yang cocok