GPS Problems on the G1

by Doughy » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 04:31:09 GMT

 I can't get my GPS to work on the G1 anymore.  The cell tower (coarse)
localization works, but I can't get my G1 to do true GPS.  Has anyone
else had problems with their GPS on the G1?  Is this an android bug,
hardware problem, or do I have a broken G1?

GPS Problems on the G1

by Doughy » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 04:49:12 GMT

 Ok, I just got my GPS working, but I had to go to my location
settings, turn off GPS for a second, and then turn it back on.  I
wonder if there is some kind of glitch where the settings say the GPS
is turned on, but the hardware does not react.  Has anyone else had
these problems, and does turning off then on the GPS setting fix it?

GPS Problems on the G1

by Robert K. Barrett » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 05:25:46 GMT

 This was a problem several people stated when it first came out. Some
people said it would not work at all. That was at the TMobile G1 forums
where people stated those problems.
I loved some of the new Android tablets that came out at the CES in Las
Vegas. Watched the program on channel G4 that was showing the stuff
there. Looking forward to the Mobile World meeting next month to see
what Android stuff comes out there.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and
the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

Smile, someone loves you.

GPS Problems on the G1

by Imran Ali » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 05:31:59 GMT

 Not quite the same problem, but when I ask it to zoom into my location, it's
never quite accurate. Always a street or 2 off my actual location.

Ok, I just got my GPS working, but I had to go to my location
settings, turn off GPS for a second, and then turn it back on.  I
wonder if there is some kind of glitch where the settings say the GPS
is turned on, but the hardware does not react.  Has anyone else had
these problems, and does turning off then on the GPS setting fix it?

GPS to work on the G1 a...

GPS Problems on the G1

by mike quinn » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 05:49:50 GMT

 As gps works on time would your reported location be incorrect even if your
android time is out by even a few seconds.

Anyone confirm this?

This was a problem several people stated when it first came out. Some
people said it would not work at all. That was at the TMobile G1 forums
where people stated those problems.
I loved some of the new Android tablets that came out at the CES in Las
Vegas. Watched the program on channel G4 that was showing the stuff
there. Looking forward to the Mobile World meeting next month to see
what Android stuff comes out there.

but when I ask it to zo...

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and
the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

Smile, someone loves you.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this
message because you are sub...

GPS Problems on the G1

by Doughy » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 05:51:48 GMT

 No, GPS does not care about the android system clock.  It compares the
time of arrival of various satellite signals, and then locates with
that information.

GPS Problems on the G1

by Joey Wilson » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 05:54:11 GMT

 I just called TMobile tech support and it sounds like my G1 GPS is
physically broken.  That is probably why my GPS is acting up.  I don't think
this is a software issue.

GPS Problems on the G1

by gjs » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:41:22 GMT

 Hi,

My G1 is having similar problems, I have not been able to get a true
GPS location since 7 January 2009 -

N-34...E150...Wed_Jan_07_11_14_01_GMT_11_00_2009

Yesterday I got a GPS location briefly for a few seconds, but the
reported location was about 1000 kilometres from where I actually was
(!)

N-39...E137...Wed_Jan_14_15_00_34_GMT_11_00_2009

Prior to this the GPS receiver was working fine.

What did t-mobile say about the broken G1 GPS ?

Regards

GPS Problems on the G1

by Joey Wilson » Fri, 16 Jan 2009 01:49:43 GMT

 TMobile technical support had me go through some procedures to try to fix
it, but it didn't help the problem.  They realized it was probably a
hardware issue and agreed to send me a new phone.

GPS Problems on the G1

by gjs » Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:37:10 GMT

 Hi,

Thanks for that.

I managed to get my G1 GPS working again after doing a factory
reset :-) :-) :-)

Regards

GPS Problems on the G1

by partytildawn » Wed, 28 Jan 2009 02:29:34 GMT

 Well, for the last three days, the GPS on my G1 has said that I am
located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean about 1,000 miles west of
Costa Rica.
I am located in Portland, Oregon.

GPS Problems on the G1

by Brian Beattie » Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:28:18 GMT

 Reboot. (power off and on)

I run into this myself.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting a bad thing?

Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
beat...@beattie-home.net | It's about dealing with the consequences."
www.beattie-home.net     | -- Midori Koto

GPS Problems on the G1

by guardian...@gmail.com » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 06:40:54 GMT

 G1 Gps Problem Fix - I recently had the same issues with the gps
giving me the location of cell towers instead of actual location.
After looking around the forums, i found the fix and it worked.
Clear you maps cache by going into your application data.
Settings : Applications : Manage Applications : Maps : then push
"clear data"
Make sure both your wireless and gps are turned ON
Turn off Phone
Take it outside somewhere that is clear of obstructions (like a large
parking lot, or field)
Turn on phone
Once on, press maps
Let it sit in one spot for about 5-10 min, then press my location.
It should find you in just a few seconds.  Mine took about 30 seconds.
This should fix most problems you are having.

1. WebView encoding? why?

Hello all,

I have started to work with the WebView component of Android Platform,
but the API to load data to the component is confusing me, because it
includes a parameter with a encoding.

In both methods:
public void  loadData  (String data, String mimeType, String
encoding);
public void  loadDataWithBaseURL  (String baseUrl, String data, String
mimeType, String encoding, String historyUrl);

you have to specify an encoding. In both cases, the API documentation
says that is is the encodign of the data (data parameter).

Well, as  know, if you provide data as a String object, the String is
internally stored in UTF-16 (unicode). To get a String object from a
external source, you need to specify the external source encoding to
convert it to UTF-16 and get the String internal representation
(String(byte[] data, String encoding)). So, at this moment, when you
have an String instance, everything from the original source has been
converted to UTF-16.
So, why do you need to specify an encoding if you are providing the
data as a String object?

I don't know the internal implementation of WebKit, but let's suppose
that, WebKit has a method, to render a source, providing as content an
InputStream and a default encoding. Well, as I know, when you process
a HTML page, you use the default encoding to read the HTML characters,
and if you find a <meta> tag specifing a different encoding, from that
moment, you have to use the new encoding to decode the characters of
the HTML page.

But what happens if you supply a HTML page that contains this <meta>
tag:
charset=ISO-8859-1"/>

using one of the methods specified at the top of this post,
how are you going to read ISO-8859-1 encoding from a String that it is
in UTF-16 encoding?
if the WebKit filtering this <meta> tags, and doesn't taking in
account the encoding specified in this tag?

Well, all of this is very confusing for me, because I don't understand
why the API includes this encoding parameter. I also don't know if the
String?

Can anyone solve my doubts?

Thanks in advance

--

2. Overclocking G1 Foto miring @ soho

Huaduuuh..apa ndak semaput bin empot2an itu G1 di overclock oom? Apa sudah
ada korban mSD gara2 pake swapper?

*pengen juga*

Kalau max fuul max

Minim gw set di 245