Updating permissions for apps that modify sharedUserId

by vol » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 04:02:33 GMT

 Hi All,

I'm looking to update my app and provide a sharedUserId as part of my
manifest, so that the several apps I have can all nicely look at each
other's private files if necessary. Unfortunately, I've discovered
that adding a sharedUserId where it did not exist before will change
the userId and make me unable to modify current existing files.

Is there a graceful way to handle updating your sharedUserId now that
I need its functionality? Or am I pretty much resigned to requiring
people to uninstall and reinstall my app to be able to do this?

Updating permissions for apps that modify sharedUserId

by Adam Vollmer » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 05:20:36 GMT

 Alright, thanks, I'll see what else I can think up.

1. How many Android phones have touchscreens?

I can more strongly say that today, to be able to ship an Android compatible
phone (and thus have Market), you need to have a touch screen.

If/when at some point in the future devices without touch-screens are
considered to be Android compatible, appropriate work for existing third
party applications will be done, as we have done in the past: either having
some kind of compatibility so that they can still run with a decent
experience (as was done with the new density support), or applying filtering
so that those applications will not be visible to users until specifically
updated to support the new kind of device (as was done for example for
devices with smaller screens).

While making your app work well with a DPAD is nice, I don't recommend
developers go out of their way today to try to make a touch-oriented UI work
without a touch screen.  That time would be better spent on improving the
touch experience.

2. Paket Baru WTI: Internet Unlimited XL naik menjadi Rp 250 ribu/bulan

Hahahaha...
Kalo paket baru subjectnya mustinya ga sekontroversial ini dong :p

@yopiesuryadi
www.jeruknipis.com/forum