AlertDialog.getListView() missing in 1.1r1 sdk

by Max_well » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:42:14 GMT

 Hello,

Searching for a way to manipulate the list view of AlertDialog, I come
across the AlertDialog source code(1).
To my surprise, there is a getListView() method defined since mid
december 2008(2), but there is no such method in the 1.1r1 doc or in
the provided sdk.

Is there a reason that the method is not present in the sdk ?

Thanks for the answer.
Max_well

- Checked against the current windows 1.1r1 sdk zip (3).

(1)
 http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git ;a=blob;f=core/java/android/app/AlertDialog.java;hb=HEAD
(2)
 http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git ;a=history;f=core/java/android/app/AlertDialog.java;h=021dc2e39f210d1e8c39f2380e83fd986ddf4d54;hb=HEAD
(3)
 http://developer.android.com/sdk/download.html?v=android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1.zip

AlertDialog.getListView() missing in 1.1r1 sdk

by Dianne Hackborn » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:51:24 GMT

 There are tons of methods in the framework that are not in the SDK,  I can't
speak specifically to this one, but generally that is done because the
method is not something that will be maintained forever.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

answer them.

AlertDialog.getListView() missing in 1.1r1 sdk

by Dianne Hackborn » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:53:04 GMT

 Oh actually look at this -- you are just looking at a method that was added
after 1.1.  It's nothing more than that.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com

answer them.

1. Fwd: antara cursorsense dan super eclair