Bitmaps (.bmp) don't show up in 'Pictures' when on SDCard

by Gavin Aiken » Sun, 08 Mar 2009 18:10:15 GMT

 Thanks clark, I wasn't aware png was lossless, I changed the format and it
all works fine!

Cheers,

Gav

1. How to make second DDMS work on the PC which already running a DDMS?

Basically you cannot do that.

DDMS connects to the emulator through adb. adb connects to all running
emulators, and will make them available to the first DDMS.

upon launching DDMS A, it will connect to all available emulators,
making it impossible for a 2nd DDMS/Eclipse to connect to them.

Xav

--
Xavier Ducrohet
Android Developer Tools Engineer

2. Understanding build.xml in SDK version 1.5 - where are the targets?

<taskdel name="setup" .../> defines a custom Ant task that does the following:

- From the content of 'default.properties' (value is 'target'),
resolve the project Build Target (ie which platform or add-on your
project is compiling against).
- From this resolution, find the path to the target folder (for
example $SDK/platforms/android-1.5/).
- Import the files containing the target and all the build logic (for
example $SDK/platforms/android-1.5/templates/android_rules.xml)
- Setup properties that define paths to things inside the resolved
target folder (android.jar, aapt, dx, etc...)

Xav