Media recorder and camera device

by bra...@gmail.com » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:44:30 GMT


Sponsored Links
 I am trying to make use of the setCamera method with the mediareorder.
I have created and opened a new camera device however every reference
to it via setcamera results in an error about trying to access a
locked camera device.

There are no other open camera devices to the best of my knowledge.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Bratag
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~



Other Threads

1. Think twice before turning on the "Copy Protection" option! -- there's a serious bug in Market

Hi fellow developers,

Recently there is a new option "Copy Protection" in Android Market
Developer Console.  We thought that was a nice protection on us and
turned it on.  Then here comes the impact: our app was no longer
listed & downloadable on ADP,  and *MUCH WORSE*, those who can
download have experienced severe force closes when the app starts!  We
have confirmed this by just downloading&running the app before and
after that option is turned on.

I have no idea what mechanism Google uses to implement that option,
but it seems they are changing the apk -- the application size is
larger when the option is on.

Seen from the exception trace, it seems it's related to an issue that
I reported before: 

2. Infinite Error: I fixed "Failed to find an AVD compatible", only to get "ERROR: unknown virtual device name"

I've been developing for android since the first SDK came out, and
have downloaded every early preview one after that- m3, m5, 0.9, 1.0,
1.1, and now the 1.5pre. This latest one is the only one to give me
trouble.

When I first tried to launch a simple program, the error "Failed to
find an AVD compatible with target 'Android 1.5'. Launch aborted."
popped up. So, I used <code>android create avd -n my_avd -t 2</code>.
When the prompt "Do you wish to create a custom hardware profile [no]"
came up, I just hit enter (and once I typed "no" and hit enter).

Great. But then when I reran the program, it gave me the exceptions
(as it wasn't in red):

<code>[2009-04-25 01:00:24 - Emulator] emulator: ERROR: unknown
virtual device name: 'my_avd'
[2009-04-25 01:00:24 - Emulator] emulator: could not find virtual
device named 'my_avd'</code>

I moved the avd files around to various places- the tools folder, the
project folder in the Eclipse workplace folder, the SDK director
itself... no dice. When I delete the AVD, it gives me the first error
again.

Thus, I completely wiped Android and Eclipse from my system, and re-
installed fresh (this means the Eclipse install, the Eclipse and
Android workspaces, the SDK, etc.) Only thing I didn't delete was the
shortcuts. But I was back at square one again.

So, I turn to you, ever eager-to-help Google Groups. Some technical
info that might be of help:

Windows Vista 32-bit
Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede
Android SDK 1.5pre

Android Workspace: C:\Users\Public\.android
AVDs Created At: C:\Users\Public\.android\avd
Eclipse Workspace: C:\Users\Public\Eclipse Workspace

Eclipse Directory: C:\Program Files\Eclipse
SDK Directory: C:\Program Files\Eclipse\android-sdk-windows-1.5_pre
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~

3. Cupcake version 1.5 to firmware update on phone

4. how to download the source code with the specific tag

5. how to download the source code with the specific tag

6. optimization problem

7. dear list moderators