Android Icon Creation Software

by ScottG » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 00:09:44 GMT

 What graphics package is recommend to create those nice Android icons?

Thanks for any insight.

Cheers, Scott

Android Icon Creation Software

by Pavel Antokolsky aka Zigmar » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 02:55:23 GMT

Any graphical editor which can produce an alpha-channeled png. Gimp,
Photoshop, whatever, you choose.

Android Icon Creation Software

by ScottG » Sun, 02 Nov 2008 23:14:24 GMT

 Thanks for the insight, Pavel.  I was looking to duplicate look and
feel of the Android home page icons not just a bunch of icon pixels.

The folks at

 http://www.glyfx.com/index.html

have some tools, some free icons and considerable expertise in this
area.

Cheers, Scott

Android Icon Creation Software

by Peli » Tue, 04 Nov 2008 21:50:54 GMT

 We've created our "Android" icons using Inkscape.  http://www.inkscape.org/

Have a look at some icons here:  http://www.openintents.org/en/
for OI Flashlight, OI Shopping list, OI News Reader, and OI Notepad.
(you have to scroll down a bit to see the new SDK 1.0 look icons).

Peli
www.openintents.org

Android Icon Creation Software

by Ed Burnette » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 23:33:16 GMT

 Those look nice; are the .svg versions available for use as examples/
templates?

Android Icon Creation Software

by Peli » Wed, 05 Nov 2008 23:56:45 GMT

 You can find the .svg versions of the OI icons here:

 http://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/browse/ #svn/images/icons_sdk1

Note that we have not specified the license yet, and were thinking of
some Creative Commons license.
Any advice or suggestion in this direction would be welcome.

Peli
www.openintents.org

1. appwidgets

Hi,

some of my users complains that my appwidgets aren't found in the
widget list so they can't add
them to the dashboard.

Does anyone know how it is possible?

I reinstall my app many times from apk - not from the market - during
development and sometimes I
got the same problem and I have to reboot my device. And after
rebooting the widgets are there in the list.

Thanks, T.

--

2. Tutorial Upgrade Samsung Galaxy SCDMAakaFASCINATEfrom eclair to Froyo

Ehm.... Apa yah? Gulung-gulung gtu... Bahasa suroboyoe glundungan....
buncis
My Fancy Fascinate