ViewGroup, Views and Animation

by mobilek...@googlemail.com » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 07:52:59 GMT

I have a few views and animations and I need to figure out a way to
package them so I can use them throughout my app. I thought I should
be able to use ViewGroup, however, things are getting a bit
complicated as my animations need to repeat and to achieve that I have
applied the technique with an AnimationListener posting to a Runnable
when the animation stops so it plays again in a loop. Also they all
have different startOffset values, and I'm not sure how a ViewGroup
can handle that as well. What is the best practice for hadnling
multiple views and animations? Thanks.

ViewGroup, Views and Animation

by Romain Guy » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 07:57:54 GMT

 Animations have a repeat mode, no need to do it yourself. Also, why
wouldn't ViewGroup handle the startOffset? From your email, I don't
really understand what your problem is exactly :)

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM, mobilek...@googlemail.com

--
Romain Guy
Android framework engineer

to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on

ViewGroup, Views and Animation

by mobilek...@googlemail.com » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:31:23 GMT

 Ok, well I'm a bit new to animations on android, and wasn't sure if
ViewGropus was the right path for me. Btw how would you set the repeat
mode for an animation? I've tried the java way but it didn't work.

ViewGroup, Views and Animation

by Romain Guy » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:35:14 GMT

 Use Animation.setRepeatMode() and Animation.setRepeatCount().

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 4:31 PM, mobilek...@googlemail.com

--
Romain Guy
Android framework engineer
romain...@android.com

to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on

ViewGroup, Views and Animation

by ursnavin » Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:46:07 GMT

 Hi all,

I have got a similar problem.

Suppose,If the user long presses a key,the animation should run till
the keyup...

For this i tried starting the animation on a new thread with a lock on
a flag variable,till the first animation ends.

Now when the user is still pressing his key,the thread is created with
the nxt animation in it....

On keyup the main thread gets the lock on the flag variable,and relays
the child views in thier new position....

This logic seems to work fine,but after some duration the animation
stops and the application simply hangs,

Is there something that i am missing here.....It would be great if
anyone can tell whether the approach followed is correct or should i
do something else???

1. Android Dev Phone 1(tm)

I'm confused. Are you talking about the 6-pin/4-pin USB wire that doesn't fit?
If that's what you're referring to, then you might want to try again.  It does
fit, although the at first glance it might not appear to.

If you're talking about the wall-charger wire, I have no input for you on that
one since I'm in the US and it fits perfectly.