change size of controls in a layout

by dillipk » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 03:32:36 GMT

  How do I change the size of the controls placed in a layout? (by any
method)

 I tried to change the height of an EditBox ->setHeight(10); doesn't
seem to work.

Thank you,

-DK

--

change size of controls in a layout

by social hub » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 03:46:09 GMT

 did u call requestLayout()
or invalidate()

if that doesnt work try below
textView.getLayoutParams().height = x;
requestLayout();
should work

change size of controls in a layout

by karteek » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:22:01 GMT

 If you declared EditText in xml file you can change by
<EditText android:layout_width="50px"
          android:layout_height="50px">
</EditText>
  where you can use any nuber instead of 50

change size of controls in a layout

by ~ TreKing » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:58:49 GMT

You should use "dp" to stay consistent across devices with different
resolutions, unless this is definitely what you want.

TreKing - Chicago transit tracking app for Android-powered devices
 http://sites.google.com/site/rezmobileapps/treking

1. OpenGL ES flickering problems - double buffered?

I just read your post. Looks like I hit the same problem about 6 months ago.
I even managed to create a mostly-reproducible test case so that I could
file an issue:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1956

(I can only think that it's some sort of fairness issue with monitors)

<http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1956>My solution was in
the same spirit, but actually uses a simple synchronization-free circular
event buffer that instead uses volatiles to guarantee correct execution.

Tom.

2009/10/5 Robert Green <rbgrn....@gmail.com>

2. Scroll Left and Right

I posted a question that I never got a response to.  I'm starting to
think what I'm trying to do must be impossible. I see a ListView that
allow me to go up and down.   As a consolation prize, is there any way
I can pan left and right even if it can't go up and down at the same
time?  If this isn't possible, then I assume I'll need to find another
way.

See original question below...

Thanks

- Mitch