a possible bug in com.google.android.maps.GeoPoint

by zero » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:48:23 GMT

 howdy!

i see strange behaviour in my logs:
take the following code, assuming location is a valid filled object:
                Location newLoc=(Location)message.obj;
                Log.d("DEBUGLOCAL","passed loc ob="+newLoc.toString());
                int intlat=(int)(newLoc.getLatitude() * 1E6);
                int intlon=(int)(newLoc.getLongitude() * 1E6);
                Log.d("DEBUGLOCAL","passed loc converted INT values\n
lat="+intlat+"\n lon="+intlon);
              GeoPoint newPos=new GeoPoint(
                          intlat,
                          intlon
                         );
              Log.d("DEBUGLOCAL","passed loc create GEOPOINT values\n
lat="+newPos.getLatitudeE6()+
                         "\n lon="+newPos.getLongitudeE6());
i get the following output
  229              DEBUGLOCAL  D  passed loc converted INT values
  229              DEBUGLOCAL  D   lat=123002050
  229              DEBUGLOCAL  D   lon=123002050
  229              DEBUGLOCAL  D  passed loc create GEOPOINT values
  229              DEBUGLOCAL  D   lat=80000000  <----WTF??
  229              DEBUGLOCAL  D   lon=123002050

that surely isn't right ?
stable across 1.6 to 2.1 gmaps emulators.
as google api page doesn't have a bug tracker, does this belong into
the android bugtracker ?

ideas for solutions welcome.

cheers,
zero

1. ATTENTION: Android-Beginners will be permanently disabled on August 9 2010

   AP> Too many, I agree, but this one was "official", and was easily usable,
   AP> being a mailing list.
   AP> I would prefer a NNTP newsgroup, but a ml is good too.
   AP> A forum or a website? Not so...

This "mailing list", along with many, many others can be access via NNTP
using gmane.  Pretty much any mailing list I care to follow is on gmane
and, if it isn't, it be easily added.

--
Jake Colman -- Android Tinkerer

--

2. My Eclipse 3.5 always lag and have to force close - why?

Hi,

I'm on Win7 32-bit with 4GB RAM. Why my Eclipse always become so slow
until it take so long to response to my mouse or keyboard. I have to
force terminate it, restart and use it for like 20min and repeat the
same thing again...

Anyone facing this or have experience dealing with it?

Regards.

--

3. Showing the writing keypad by default

4. Salam Kenal Newbie - HD2 Port

5. Android Developer 鈥?English S peaking

6. NFS error while booting kernel

7. Script Automation - How to check if Android is fully booted