Battery Management generic solution

by Zhao, Bingqi » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:18:21 GMT

 Hi all,

I have studied the battery management implementation of Android, and found that
in the file "com_android_server_BatteryService.cpp", the ACPI paths are hard
coded, for example, the AC_ONLINE_PATH is defined as
"/sys/class/power_supply/ac/online", BATTERY_CAPACITY_PATH is defined as
"/sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity". But for every device, the ACPI
interface is different from each other.
For example, for Compal, AC_ONLINE_PATH is
"/sys/class/power_supply/ACAD/online", and there is not a path of
BATTERY_CAPACITY_PATH, but there are two paths for it:
/sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/charge_full
/sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/charge_now

I am creating a generic, configurable solution with defaults configured to be
compatible with the original solution .

Thanks
Tim
Intel Software Services Group (SSG)

Battery Management generic solution

by tim » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:04:05 GMT

[...]

by tim » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:10:49 GMT

[...]

by Dianne Hackborn » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 01:08:26 GMT

 Hi, this would probably best be done as a HAL module.  We would be happy to
accept a patch along those lines.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Battery Management generic solution

by tim » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 01:24:58 GMT

[...]

by Zhao, Bingqi » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:00:44 GMT

 Thanks for your suggestion, a HAL component for this sounds like a great idea
and we will explore in that direction, think about this solution and try to
implement it.

Regards
Tim

________________________________
Hi, this would probably best be done as a HAL module.  We would be happy to
accept a patch along those lines.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:03 AM, tim

hack...@android.com<mailto:hack...@android.com>

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public forums,
where I and others can see and answer them.

1. Could Google Sync perform merge on duplicated contacts / calendars?

Hi,

I found if I use google sync on my android phone to sync SIM contacts
to gmail, it could generate duplicate on both android & gmail. Here
are steps to reproduce it:
1. Set android "Factory default" to clear all data.
2. Import contact from SIM card.
3. sign in Google account to sync to Google Contact
4. Set android "Factory default" again to clear all data.
5. Import contact from SIM card.
6. sign in Google account to sync to Google Contact

What this matters is I am developing an app that could import contacts
from social network services. This could be a useful feature if user
can import contact from facebook or something like that. But problem
comes in, each time when user upgrade android OS and re-install my
apk, then import their social network contacts, it would generate
duplicates when they sync to gmail.

So I am wondering if Google Sync on android could support merge
duplicates to ease contact management. Actually Google Calendar has
similar issue too. So I think it's Google Sync's job to implement
merge duplicates.

What do you think?

--

2. Monetizing Android Apps

Hi -

I'm part of the dev team for a new ad platform for apps, and I'm
really interested in figuring out how we can best help app developers
make money off of the games and tools they create.

I know it can be really challenging to make money off of apps unless
they "go big," and that ad click through rates are typically low.
Also, your users tend to get a bit miffed when you show them ads. All
of that sucks, so we've come up with the following - we think it's a
cool solution to a lot of the problems that mobile ads currently face.
We've launched the program, but are currently just in our pilot, so
any feedback you have about how to make this better for you would be
super appreciated. Thanks ahead of time - I'll jump to answer any
questions you have.

Overview:
+ High quality publishers (like the New York Times or Huff post) pay
per click to distribute links to new content, in the form of realtime
headlines, through an ad network. This serves the need of publishers
to drive a new audience towards their timely content (delivering
pageviews and ad revenue of their own).

+ Links to content and a supporting thumbnail images are delivered via
an API stream to partners, then monetized via a 50/50, CPC rev share
model

+ Users of apps are shown links to realtime web content based on
trending news items of the day (which, in some scenarios like social
tools or news apps, they may already be seeking). This delivers a
value-add for apps, as opposed to what users often experience as
invasive advertising

Essentially, this ad platform functions as a monetizeable and
customizable news ticker. Sound interesting?

If you've thoughts about this (or if you're interested in
experimenting with it), please shout -

Carmel Hagen
e: cha...@oneriot.com
t: twitter.com/carmelelise

--

3. Quick search box not avaliable after updated to 1.6 on HTC Dream

4. A few Android gripes/suggestions

5. How does Dolphin browser works?

6. second calendar sync limits?

7. How to sync extra info from contacts to android 1.6 (htc tattoo)