Battery Management generic solution

by Zhao, Bingqi » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:18:21 GMT

 Hi all,

I have studied the battery management implementation of Android, and found that
in the file "com_android_server_BatteryService.cpp", the ACPI paths are hard
coded, for example, the AC_ONLINE_PATH is defined as
"/sys/class/power_supply/ac/online", BATTERY_CAPACITY_PATH is defined as
"/sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity". But for every device, the ACPI
interface is different from each other.
For example, for Compal, AC_ONLINE_PATH is
"/sys/class/power_supply/ACAD/online", and there is not a path of
BATTERY_CAPACITY_PATH, but there are two paths for it:
/sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/charge_full
/sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/charge_now

I am creating a generic, configurable solution with defaults configured to be
compatible with the original solution .

Thanks
Tim
Intel Software Services Group (SSG)

Battery Management generic solution

by tim » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:04:05 GMT

[...]

by tim » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:10:49 GMT

[...]

by Dianne Hackborn » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 01:08:26 GMT

 Hi, this would probably best be done as a HAL module.  We would be happy to
accept a patch along those lines.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Battery Management generic solution

by tim » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 01:24:58 GMT

[...]

by Zhao, Bingqi » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:00:44 GMT

 Thanks for your suggestion, a HAL component for this sounds like a great idea
and we will explore in that direction, think about this solution and try to
implement it.

Regards
Tim

________________________________
Hi, this would probably best be done as a HAL module.  We would be happy to
accept a patch along those lines.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:03 AM, tim

hack...@android.com<mailto:hack...@android.com>

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public forums,
where I and others can see and answer them.

1. RotateAnimation - Stopping and starting again after every rotation

insted of passing null use linear interpolator

pskink

--

2. Video View

Hi all,

How to add an icon on the top of VideoView,
I want my player  VideoView window should contain the brand image of
my player.
How to add it to the VideoView

Thank you
Dilli

--

3. Magic Cube from the Sample Kube

4. Beginning Development

5. Getting all of a long string in DDMS?

6. http POST message

7. SMS Persistent notification!