Battery Management generic solution

by Zhao, Bingqi » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:18:21 GMT

 Hi all,

I have studied the battery management implementation of Android, and found that
in the file "com_android_server_BatteryService.cpp", the ACPI paths are hard
coded, for example, the AC_ONLINE_PATH is defined as
"/sys/class/power_supply/ac/online", BATTERY_CAPACITY_PATH is defined as
"/sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity". But for every device, the ACPI
interface is different from each other.
For example, for Compal, AC_ONLINE_PATH is
"/sys/class/power_supply/ACAD/online", and there is not a path of
BATTERY_CAPACITY_PATH, but there are two paths for it:
/sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/charge_full
/sys/class/power_supply/BAT1/charge_now

I am creating a generic, configurable solution with defaults configured to be
compatible with the original solution .

Thanks
Tim
Intel Software Services Group (SSG)

Battery Management generic solution

by tim » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:04:05 GMT

[...]

by tim » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:10:49 GMT

[...]

by Dianne Hackborn » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 01:08:26 GMT

 Hi, this would probably best be done as a HAL module.  We would be happy to
accept a patch along those lines.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Battery Management generic solution

by tim » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 01:24:58 GMT

[...]

by Zhao, Bingqi » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:00:44 GMT

 Thanks for your suggestion, a HAL component for this sounds like a great idea
and we will explore in that direction, think about this solution and try to
implement it.

Regards
Tim

________________________________
Hi, this would probably best be done as a HAL module.  We would be happy to
accept a patch along those lines.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:03 AM, tim

hack...@android.com<mailto:hack...@android.com>

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public forums,
where I and others can see and answer them.

1. inject smart di htc her

Dear rr,

Iya nih mau tanya, kira2 kalo mau inject no smart di sprint htc hero dimana ya?
soalnya td sempet ke galeri smart yg di metropolitan mall bekasi ga bisa inject
ke sprint htc hero katanya softwarenya ga ada. Mungkin ada rekomendasi lain
dari RR disini.. thanks :)

"Excellence is not an act but it is a habit"

- Paskia Englishianto -

PING'S mobile
Email: sa...@pings-mobile.com  Ph. (021) 96087100
---------------------