Defining an XML vertical line drawable

by Caspa » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 04:09:09 GMT

 Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to define a verical line (1px thick) to
be used as a drawable.

to make a horizontal one, it's pretty straightforward:

<shape xmlns:android=" http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" ;
android:shape="line">
    <stroke android:width="1dp" android:color="#0000FF"/>
    <size android:height="50dp" />
</shape>

The question is, how to make this line vertical?

Yes, there are workarounds, such as drawing a rectangle shape 1px
thick, but that complicates the drawable xml, if it consists of
multiple <item> elements.

Anyone had any chance with this?

--

Defining an XML vertical line drawable

by patbenatar » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:37:55 GMT

 You could use a 1x1 Nine-Patch PNG....

Defining an XML vertical line drawable

by Caspa » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:49:39 GMT

 Thanks for the suggestion patbenatar!

I'm aware I could go for a 1px png drawable or draw the vertical line
as a View etc.

However since there is a "line" shape, I assume there is a way of
drawing it vertically, or at least there SHOULD be.

Can anyone confirm this being possible / not possible?

Kacper

Defining an XML vertical line drawable

by patbenatar » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 03:29:46 GMT

 Yea my idea is largely a hack... Always better to confirm no standard
method exists before pursuing hacks :)

Other Threads

1. Scroll Left and Right

I posted a question that I never got a response to.  I'm starting to
think what I'm trying to do must be impossible. I see a ListView that
allow me to go up and down.   As a consolation prize, is there any way
I can pan left and right even if it can't go up and down at the same
time?  If this isn't possible, then I assume I'll need to find another
way.

See original question below...

Thanks

- Mitch