Android tutorial

by Niamathullah sharief » Sat, 05 Sep 2009 02:30:00 GMT

 Hi friends,
  This is my first step in android even first mail too. Please tell me where
i can find the right tutorial to learn android in efficient way and in easy
steps.
  Thank you

Android tutorial

by Yusuf Saib (T-Mobile USA) » Sat, 05 Sep 2009 07:10:14 GMT

 Hello, I recommend you first learn Java. There are many good
tutorials, one of which is here:
 http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/index.html

Then I suggest you download the Android SDK here:
 http://developer.android.com/index.html

There are also many good Android tutorials, some are here:
 http://developer.android.com/guide/index.html

Yusuf Saib
Android
T  Mobile stick together
The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of the
author solely in their individual capacity, and do not necessarily
represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.

On Sep 4, 4:50am, Niamathullah sharief <developershar...@gmail.com>

Android tutorial

by Maxood » Mon, 07 Sep 2009 13:53:37 GMT

 Where are you based? Are you working by yourself or working with a
company?
I can also help you out for android development.

Maqsood

On Sep 4, 4:50pm, Niamathullah sharief <developershar...@gmail.com>

Android tutorial

by delkons » Wed, 09 Sep 2009 02:15:27 GMT

 Hi,

you could find really good OOP and java introduction articles at
www.sitepoint.com. I enjoyed reading them!

Vojislav

On Sep 4, 1:50pm, Niamathullah sharief <developershar...@gmail.com>

Android tutorial

by Niamathullah sharief » Sun, 13 Sep 2009 05:02:13 GMT

 thank you. I am learn myself. i am not working any where.

Android tutorial

by Niamathullah sharief » Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:18:24 GMT

 Hi maxood,
  I am not working anywhere. Just i am learning myself. Planning to learn
and develop in android. So could you please help me?

Android tutorial

by dharmaraja.thangaraj » Fri, 18 Sep 2009 03:37:46 GMT

 Hi,

 http://developer.android.com/index.html is the prefered site for
Android.

you can get some tutorials at:
 http://developer.android.com/guide/tutorials/hello-world.html

---
Dharma,
Wipro Tech - BDC

________________________________

  I am not working anywhere. Just i am learning myself. Planning to
learn and develop in android. So could you please help me?

Android Tutorial

by Vikash » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 00:49:44 GMT

 Hi

Can any body tel give me any link og android tutorial. so that i can
start Android application building??

Re: Android Tutorial

by TreKing » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 00:52:13 GMT

 On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Vikash

google.com

TreKing < http://sites.google.com/site/rezmobileapps/treking> ; - Chicago

1. WorldWide Time widge

WorldWideTime is an application that displays time in cities all
around the world with widgets. It can display date, week number and
extra info such as country, state, currency, phone code, population,
area in square km, country capital, GMT offset, DST start/end date and
time zone.

http://www.lysesoft.com/products/worldwidetime/index.html

Have fun.

2. Sometimes get a blank screen on app restart

My application flow usually works like this:
Splashscreen calls user agreement
Success from user agreement makes Splashscreen call MapActivity
in MapActivity's onWindowFocusChanged(boolean hasFocus)
{
   if (hasFocus && firstStart)  // firstStart is static boolean
       //start another activity to call user details window
}

Now sometimes (but not always) when a user runs my app, goes back the
the 'desktop' with the home button, and then restarts my app later the
application will just display a blank screen.

Sometimes switching the orientation of the phone will cause the
display to work.  Sometimes it takes switching the orientation a few
times to cause the display to work.  Hitting the back button will kill
the offending activity which is either the user agreement or the user
detail window and the application will continue as normal correctly
displayed.

I am looking for suggestions for what I might be doing wrong or how I
can assure my activities will display when they come up.

3. Sprint Android Phone

4. Externalize strings automatically

5. Debug certificate has expired!

6. A bug with android 1.5 when deleting a phone using delete()

7. AppWidget efficiency