Android tutorial

by Niamathullah sharief » Sat, 05 Sep 2009 02:30:00 GMT

 Hi friends,
  This is my first step in android even first mail too. Please tell me where
i can find the right tutorial to learn android in efficient way and in easy
steps.
  Thank you

Android tutorial

by Yusuf Saib (T-Mobile USA) » Sat, 05 Sep 2009 07:10:14 GMT

 Hello, I recommend you first learn Java. There are many good
tutorials, one of which is here:
 http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/index.html

Then I suggest you download the Android SDK here:
 http://developer.android.com/index.html

There are also many good Android tutorials, some are here:
 http://developer.android.com/guide/index.html

Yusuf Saib
Android
T  Mobile stick together
The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of the
author solely in their individual capacity, and do not necessarily
represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.

On Sep 4, 4:50am, Niamathullah sharief <developershar...@gmail.com>

Android tutorial

by Maxood » Mon, 07 Sep 2009 13:53:37 GMT

 Where are you based? Are you working by yourself or working with a
company?
I can also help you out for android development.

Maqsood

On Sep 4, 4:50pm, Niamathullah sharief <developershar...@gmail.com>

Android tutorial

by delkons » Wed, 09 Sep 2009 02:15:27 GMT

 Hi,

you could find really good OOP and java introduction articles at
www.sitepoint.com. I enjoyed reading them!

Vojislav

On Sep 4, 1:50pm, Niamathullah sharief <developershar...@gmail.com>

Android tutorial

by Niamathullah sharief » Sun, 13 Sep 2009 05:02:13 GMT

 thank you. I am learn myself. i am not working any where.

Android tutorial

by Niamathullah sharief » Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:18:24 GMT

 Hi maxood,
  I am not working anywhere. Just i am learning myself. Planning to learn
and develop in android. So could you please help me?

Android tutorial

by dharmaraja.thangaraj » Fri, 18 Sep 2009 03:37:46 GMT

 Hi,

 http://developer.android.com/index.html is the prefered site for
Android.

you can get some tutorials at:
 http://developer.android.com/guide/tutorials/hello-world.html

---
Dharma,
Wipro Tech - BDC

________________________________

  I am not working anywhere. Just i am learning myself. Planning to
learn and develop in android. So could you please help me?

Android Tutorial

by Vikash » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 00:49:44 GMT

 Hi

Can any body tel give me any link og android tutorial. so that i can
start Android application building??

Re: Android Tutorial

by TreKing » Wed, 06 Apr 2011 00:52:13 GMT

 On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Vikash

google.com

TreKing < http://sites.google.com/site/rezmobileapps/treking> ; - Chicago

1. Widget setOnClickPendingIntent not working

Hello,
I have a simple widget and I'm trying to pop up another activity when
it's clicked. My widget is not focusable or clickable even though in
the XML layout I explicity set it to be and when my widget is clicked
nothing happens.

My manifest has:
<receiver android:name=".WidgetConfigurator" android:label="@string/
app_name">
            <intent-filter>
                <action
android:name="android.appwidget.action.APPWIDGET_UPDATE" />
            </intent-filter>
android:resource="@xml/widget" />
        </receiver>

My layout is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RelativeLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android"
    android:id="@+id/widgetlayout"
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:background="@drawable/widget_background"
    android:paddingLeft="19dip"
    android:paddingTop="21dip"
    android:clickable="true"
    android:focusable="true" >

        <TextView android:id="@+id/widgettext"
            android:text="Click here to set the text."
            android:layout_height="wrap_content"
            android:layout_width="wrap_content"
            android:layout_alignParentLeft="true"
            android:maxWidth="284dip"
            android:maxHeight="58dip"
            android:textSize="12dip"
            android:textColor="@android:color/black"
            />

</RelativeLayout>

And my AppWidgetProvider's onUpdate code contains:
        @Override
        public void onUpdate(Context ctx, AppWidgetManager appWidgetManager,
int[] appWidgetIds) {
                if(man == null)
                        onEnabled(ctx);

                Log.i(TAG, "Updating");
                RemoteViews updateViews = new RemoteViews(ctx.getPackageName(),
R.layout.widget);

                Random rand = new Random();
                for(int k = 0; k < appWidgetIds.length; k++) {
                int i = rand.nextInt(count);

                Intent intent = new Intent(ctx, WidgetClick.class);
                        PendingIntent pendingIntent =
PendingIntent.getBroadcast(ctx, 0,
intent, 0);

                updateViews.setOnClickPendingIntent(R.id.widgetlayout,
pendingIntent);
                        updateViews.setTextViewText(R.id.widgettext,
storiesArray.get(i));

                        appWidgetManager.updateAppWidget(appWidgetIds,
updateViews);

Everything in my onUpdate works perfectly other than the
setOnClickPendingIntent command. Am I doing something wrong?

--

2. Miring DreamWTB dream second

karena banyak juga yang make Google Dream G1 HTC *halah :P

usul Sabtu gimana ?

GI ?  EX ? Sency ? PS ? ---> yg ada free Wifi lumayan

--
Jus* owner of white dream eclair 2.1
~ send using pc jangkrik krik krik ~

3. how to wrap content in optionsmenu?

4. multiple parameters with rawQuery in sqlite = BUG

5. How do I simulate the Home key programmatically?

6. How to launch YouTube with specified keywords?

7. Spinner not displaying the selectedItem