Should I use AlarmManager or ScheduledExecutorService? (pros/cons?)

by ccylan » Wed, 25 Jun 2008 03:58:23 GMT

 Hello Everyone,

Here is my dilemma.  I have several different timed operations that I
need to run on a daily basis, but at different times.  Currently I am
using ScheduledExecutorService, however having dabbled with
AlarmManager and its setRepeating function, I'm wondering if I should
use that instead?  What are the pros and cons of using either of these
classes?

Cheers,
Charles

1. Wifi that works with the Nexus One

I've found the Nexus One is extremely flaky with wifi. Seeing many
forum posts, I am not alone in that observation.

Left to its own, it will disconnect from wifi in two minute. Wifi
Sleep Policy is set to Never. Behavior is as if the policy were
always. If I want to use the internet, I have to toggle. If i had
bought this as a consumer, I would be taking this back over this one
issue.

A G1 has no problem connecting under the same circumstances and
staying connected.

I do not have a data plan.

For those who do not have this problem, what is the exact make and
model of your wifi router? What are the secret settings?

The router isn't very old or cheap. It is a Belkin N+ router. Changing
it from WPA-SK to WEP did not help.

Nonetheless, I would get a new router, if I knew the right one, just
to be rid of this extremely frustrating glitch.

Nathan

--
.

2. RERUN e-lifestyle MetroTV ttg programmer Gadget HARI INIpk. 11.05 WIB

Lagi ngantor kang ... :p
Sent from my BlackBerrypowered by Sinyal Kuat INDOSAT

RERUN e-lifestyle MetroTV ttg programmer Gadget
HARI INI senin 24/01/2011 pk. 11.05 WIB
isinya ANDROID vs BB :)))

3. Exceptions in user libraries

4. samsung tab

5. custom widgets in animation

6. RERUN e-lifestyle MetroTV ttg programmer Gadget HARI INI pk. 11.05 WIB

7. [WTAsk] soal rooting HH.