Fwd: Bionic Changes for android on solaris ?

by Nimit Manglick » Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:12:17 GMT

 Can anyone please give me some pointers on it....?

David Turner,

Please give me some pointers on this analysis.....

Thanks & Regards
Nimit

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nimit Manglick <nimitandr...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:30 AM
Subject: Bionic Changes for android on solaris ?
To: android-porting@googlegroups.com
Cc: android-intern...@googlegroups.com

Hi Friends,

I am trying to do a study on replacing the OS beneath android from linux to
solaris, so i identified few areas where I need to do a lot of work, the
most important of all is Bionic libc.

I read through one of the mails where Digit has specified about *huge*
changes to the bionic libc, so I am digging into the libc right now to
identify the changes required in libc, I found that I need to replace the
existing linux headers with corresponding solaris headers, but that exercise
is getting more and more cumborsome as I am going into more details... so
first I have few questions regarding that :-

1. How linux headers are organised in libc ??
2. How the linux headers available in bionic/libc/kernel (these headers we
can upgrade also using some python scripts) are different from
bionic/libc/include ??

3. How to identify those linux headers which are getting used by libc
implementation (like which have system calls related stuff) and those linux
headers which are getting used by userland and generated by python scripts
??

4. What is the right approach to proceed further ??

Please help me with some pointers.

Thanks & Regards
Nimit

1. Null Pointer Exception with getIntent().Extras....

If you are wrapping this in a PendingIntent, that may be the source of
your difficulty. Make sure your previous PendingIntent is canceled
before creating a new one with a new extra.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in US: 8-12 February 2010: http://bignerdranch.com

2. Versi eropa N1 ada multitouch

dear rekan rekan,saya baru baca nehh di engadget :

http://short.to/12omz

Versi eropa dari N1 dilengkapi dengan multitouch ,just like kasus
droid-milestone,dan disitu juga ada keterangan kalo versi eropa yg bakal
dibundel sama vodafone ini akan sefera datang(in coming week)
huff.....untung kemaren blom beli :)  (ngeles mode:on padahal lagi ga ada
budget)

3. Passing messages between threads.

4. file system

5. Null Pointer Exception with getIntent().Extras....

6. Nexus bug

7. Access internet while bypassing permission check?