Fwd: Bionic Changes for android on solaris ?

by Nimit Manglick » Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:12:17 GMT

 Can anyone please give me some pointers on it....?

David Turner,

Please give me some pointers on this analysis.....

Thanks & Regards
Nimit

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nimit Manglick <nimitandr...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:30 AM
Subject: Bionic Changes for android on solaris ?
To: android-porting@googlegroups.com
Cc: android-intern...@googlegroups.com

Hi Friends,

I am trying to do a study on replacing the OS beneath android from linux to
solaris, so i identified few areas where I need to do a lot of work, the
most important of all is Bionic libc.

I read through one of the mails where Digit has specified about *huge*
changes to the bionic libc, so I am digging into the libc right now to
identify the changes required in libc, I found that I need to replace the
existing linux headers with corresponding solaris headers, but that exercise
is getting more and more cumborsome as I am going into more details... so
first I have few questions regarding that :-

1. How linux headers are organised in libc ??
2. How the linux headers available in bionic/libc/kernel (these headers we
can upgrade also using some python scripts) are different from
bionic/libc/include ??

3. How to identify those linux headers which are getting used by libc
implementation (like which have system calls related stuff) and those linux
headers which are getting used by userland and generated by python scripts
??

4. What is the right approach to proceed further ??

Please help me with some pointers.

Thanks & Regards
Nimit

1. Coordinates of touch/click on Home Screen Widget

Hello,

I have a widget and I would like to detect position where user click
on some part of the widget's bitmap. I didn't found any way how to
detect coordinates of the touch on RemoteViews.

Is anybody aware of some trick how to detect it. Only idea I have is
create layout with grid of transparent buttons, put by widget's bitmap
as background of such a layout and to every button set PendingIntent.

Any nicer idea?

Thanks
Tom

http://android.hubalek.net

--

2. Host not resolved issue

Hi,
     If i try to open connection for http://localhost:5001 using
HttpURLConnection in my android app, i am getting host not resolved issue in
my android emulator.
Internet connection is working in my emulator and I am able to browse the
web sites using my emulator.

I tried below options

1. Created new AVD

2. Restarted both Eclipse IDE and AVD

3. Instead of localhost , i used ipaddress of the machine

None of the above options  didn't work for me.

Could anyone help me on the same.

--Rajesh

--

3. Email.apk creating multiple alarms in logcat on HTC branded Evo

4. How to close all activities in Activity stack and start a new one

5. Application Testing Group anyone?

6. Android to Add Next 500M Mobile Web Users in India?

7. app "not yet shipped"? help