Fwd: Bionic Changes for android on solaris ?

by Nimit Manglick » Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:12:17 GMT

 Can anyone please give me some pointers on it....?

David Turner,

Please give me some pointers on this analysis.....

Thanks & Regards
Nimit

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nimit Manglick <nimitandr...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:30 AM
Subject: Bionic Changes for android on solaris ?
To: android-porting@googlegroups.com
Cc: android-intern...@googlegroups.com

Hi Friends,

I am trying to do a study on replacing the OS beneath android from linux to
solaris, so i identified few areas where I need to do a lot of work, the
most important of all is Bionic libc.

I read through one of the mails where Digit has specified about *huge*
changes to the bionic libc, so I am digging into the libc right now to
identify the changes required in libc, I found that I need to replace the
existing linux headers with corresponding solaris headers, but that exercise
is getting more and more cumborsome as I am going into more details... so
first I have few questions regarding that :-

1. How linux headers are organised in libc ??
2. How the linux headers available in bionic/libc/kernel (these headers we
can upgrade also using some python scripts) are different from
bionic/libc/include ??

3. How to identify those linux headers which are getting used by libc
implementation (like which have system calls related stuff) and those linux
headers which are getting used by userland and generated by python scripts
??

4. What is the right approach to proceed further ??

Please help me with some pointers.

Thanks & Regards
Nimit

1. WebView Plugins:

What is the WebView Plugin located ? Following does not list any plugins
(other than text:Plugins ) for the WebKit component.

        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        WebView browser = new WebView(this);
        browser.getSettings().setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
        browser.getSettings().setPluginsEnabled(true);
        PluginList plugins = WebView.getPluginList();

        List list = plugins.getList();
        List<Plugin> pList = list;
        StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer("Plugins:<br>");

        for (Plugin p: pList) {

            sb.append(p.getName()).append("<br>");
        }
        Log.i("WebViewTest.Console", sb.toString());

"text/html", "UTF-8");

        setContentView(browser);

Kumar    _/|\_
www.saisk.com
ku...@saisk.com
"making a profound difference with knowledge and creativity..."

2. help getting started

ok everything i run just to test anything after i downloaded and
unzipped the sdk gives me compilation errors and when i try to run the
andriod.jar it wont work either it gives me" Failed to load Main-Class
manifest attribute from C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Desktop
\myg1\android-sdk-windows-1.0_r1\android.jar" how can i fix this??

3. Telephony package

4. MapView basic question

5. digital compass data response slower than normal

6. speeding up the emulator?

7. Handle message and thread