Emulate binary port SMS?

by Robert Barlow » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:34:05 GMT

 Hello,

Is there a way to emulate binary port SMS with DDMS or anything else?

Thanks,
Rob

----- Original Message -----
From: "hackbod" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Android Developers" <android-developers@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 12:39 AM
Subject: [android-developers] Re: G1- No animated transitions between
activies

The emulator and device are exactly the same in this regard.  By
default the activity transitions are not turned on; you must have run
something (like Dev Tools) on the emulator that give you the option to
turn them on.  The reason they aren't on by default is that there were
still a few issues with them in 1.0.

1. How to use the dpad button to pause and play audio while the device is locked

I have an application that is playing audio, and I would like to allow
the listener to toggle between pause and play while the screen is
locked, as it is a hassle to have to unlock the screen in order to
pause the audio playback.

Is there any way to monitor for KeyEvent.KEYCODE_DPAD_CENTER while the
the screen is locked?  I have been looking through the documentation
but have not found any information on how to do this.

--

2. update contacts notification

hi
i am trying to make a sync application.
i need to get a notification whenever there is a change in contacts.
i found a suggestion somewhere that i can use _SYNC_DIRTY for it.
but i did not find a way to use it.
can any body help me.
is there any broadcast i can receive?
or any other way?
i used contentResolver but this gives just a notification of change. i
need _ID where the changes have been made.
plz help me.
thanx in advance.

--

3. OptionMenu and themes/styles

4. Greetings!!

5. Nexus One specs!

6. problem with handlers and activity lifecycle

7. CyanogenMod-4.2.10 is out