Am I being banned from the list?

by Stoyan Damov » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 05:16:11 GMT

It's the 2nd post for which I'm getting:

-------------------

The original message was received at ...

 ---- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----
<min...@hanmail.net>
 (552 5.2.2 minokr: mbox is over quota)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; min...@hanmail.net
Action: failed

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stoyan Damov <stoyan.da...@gmail.com>
To: android-developers@googlegroups.com
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:57:26 +0200
Subject: [android-developers] Re: Risk of upgrading to 1.1?

I have released my game on 19th of February, built against SDK 1.1 but
no minSdkVersion, and tested on my G1 w/ 1.1, i.e. it should be
working on 1.0 devices. So far I haven't got a report that it's not
working on any device, other than the intermittent "Force Close"
issues after an update.

Bottom line is, don't worry, install 1.1 and build against SDK 1.1 - I
haven't had any problems. Surely I haven't used any feature from 1.1,
not that there are many.

Do read  http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-1.1.html to get more
confidence.

Cheers

---------

So, am I being banned or what?

Am I being banned from the list?

by clark » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 05:39:06 GMT

 Your message showed up under the thread you posted to "[android-
developers] Re: Risk of upgrading to 1.1?", right above JBQ, so I do
not think you are being banned.  You may want to look for other causes
for this problem.

~clark

Am I being banned from the list?

by Stoyan Damov » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 05:45:47 GMT

 Thank you for the prompt reply.

I don't know what could be the problem, I'm posting by sending my
posts to android-developers@googlegroups.com thru GMail.

Cheers

Am I being banned from the list?

by Jean-Baptiste Queru » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 06:18:33 GMT

 I got one of those too. My guess is that some member on the list has
an auto-auto-responder because their mailbox is full.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Android Engineer, Google.

warning.

Am I being banned from the list?

by Pd » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:14:57 GMT

 Anything to do with this?

I know there have been problems with gmail lately so maybe related.  But
just in case try cleaning your mail box.  Just a guess   :-)

Pd.

1. any word from google on video support (other than 3gp/youtube)?

I'm hoping to hear that video support for mp4 format is soon to be
patched/fixed/enhanced.

Can anyone confirm that google has solid video support (from local
files, sdcard as well as streaming) in the near future roadmap?

far as I know) is either very spotty or non-existent.  Note I'm not
referring to audio at all.

Yes, I know that the SDK claims video support and there is a thread
with sample mediaplayer code (see below) but I haven't yet seen anyone
successfully display mp4 video.  Even the sample mediaplayer code
posted by Megha Joshi (google) has a single response to it from
someone saying he can't get actual video (only audio from the file).
Sure enough, I've tried my own code, the sample code and at least two
other people's code and only the audio works from multiple size and
dimensions of test mp4 files.

I want to be passionate about Android development but I'm a little
discouraged right now.  If I at least knew it was coming, I'd stay
enthusiastic.  But I'm even doubting my preorder of the G1s right now
because it seems clear that they aren't committing to any video
features (none on the phone other than youtube 3gp and only
streaming... no local video file support at all).

I heard Sprint is planning "other features" for their upcoming phone.
Is video support an "other feature"?  Can I assume that the G1 may
never have it or is it simply an SDK issue and it will be fixed
somewhat soon?

Sorry for the rant, if you know anything, I'm anxious to hear it.

2. When is R.string etc available?

The second one is the way its meant to be. I don't know the exact
reason but its probably similar to the fact why there are no
Constructors for Activities, but the onCreate()/onDestroy()/onResume()
Lifecycle-Stuff.

Regards, plusminus
http://anddev.org
#  Worlds largest Android Development Community / Tutorials

3. "Application error" is encountered when trying to load large image file

4. on-screen 12-key keyboard

5. How we can able to diaplay the more than one radio button?

6. Package flags and attributes

7. Clearing history stack