Long Press ListView item to open AlertDialog

by Abhi » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 03:35:48 GMT

I am trying to use the long press option on the listview items to open
a multi choice Alert Dialog. Is this possible?

Abhishek

--

Long Press ListView item to open AlertDialog

by Jason Proctor » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 03:40:15 GMT

 yes.

Long Press ListView item to open AlertDialog

by Abhi » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 03:49:28 GMT

 would you be able to guide me to the right tutorial? I am unable to
find it

Thanks,

Abhi

On Dec 10, 2:39pm, Jason Proctor <jason.android.li...@gmail.com>

Long Press ListView item to open AlertDialog

by Jason Proctor » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 03:54:24 GMT

 check Activity.registerForContextMenu()

and Activity.onCreateContextMenu()

works for me.

>>  >

Long Press ListView item to open AlertDialog

by Abhi » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 04:04:09 GMT

 Jason,

Thanks. But this is for opening a context menu on long press. I am
trying to open the alert dialog instead.

Abhishek

On Dec 10, 2:53pm, Jason Proctor <jason.android.li...@gmail.com>

Long Press ListView item to open AlertDialog

by Jason Proctor » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 04:08:28 GMT

 oh sorry i misread your post.

have you played with overriding View.setLongClickable() and
View.setOnLongClickListener() ?

opening a dialog when the latter goes off should work.

>>  >>  >

Other Threads

1. Why it is so difficult to generate gen file

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I found out the reason for the errors. Since I am new to
Android, I did not know that after making changes in .xml files I should not
try to build it ( if it was already built before ), if I do so my R.java
will not be generated properly, what I should do is just Run History and
this will dump all the things in gen folder and R.java will also be created
and will run my application.

Thanks,
Shaista

2. Solved wta: download unsuccesful