Game Developers: Some general questions about high scores, achievements, multi player support and in game ads.

by Jason Proctor » Thu, 18 Mar 2010 05:05:52 GMT

 i'm in complete agreement. Rails has a lot of good ideas and is very
quick to get started, but Ruby is a disaster of a language IMHO.

the Groovy/Grails thing almost gets there, but then they had to go
and make a new Ruby-like language, sigh.

however, if you adopt RESTful URLs and JSON, then that effectively
isolates your server technology, allowing you to switch from a
prototype environment to a production one without any change to the
clients.

Hi all, Robert, I think we spoke on another thread a while back.. forget now. I am a JEE guy, tried RoR, couldn't stand the language syntax and how slow, for most things it was. I know I know.. RoR is often cited by java developers as being much faster to build apps with, etc. I just don't find it to be true, for me. The language reminds me too much of perl and I never liked that. Java, C, OO Pascal, even Basic, just seems to make more sense as a language structurally. I've also tried OBjective-C and find it to be much harder to work with than C/C++. I don't know why.. I just can't remember all the little nuances of the language, like the hyphen on lines, etc. On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Justin Giles And an off topic question.. I see more and more people talking about getting a free phone from google? Is there some place you sign up to get this? I'd love to get a Nexus One to test on... sounds like some people are getting just that.. a free phone to test on? Please see the following thread: <

Other Threads

1. help me -insert image into google map with java script !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a new member, I have a blueprint to insert threads into GOOGLE
MAP. look forward to your help.

--

2. [WTA] Karena Harganya mirip, bingung pilih desireHD, Nexus S, Sonyericsson Arc

Kalo saya vote dhd drpd ncus s.. Mantep di tgn. 4,3" jg
sent from my IPhone 4