How about buffer communications between Camera service and PV Author?

by Dave Sparks » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:21:09 GMT

 There is a change in our internal tree to add a separate callback
mechanism for encoder frames. When the encoder is done encoding the
frame, it calls WriteComplete on the camera MIO, which in turn calls
the camera hardware driver to release the frame.

I suspect the problem you are seeing is that the encoder can't keep up
with the camera input. I've found that OpenCore usually asserts after
this. On our internal tree, we have modified the OpenCore assert to de-
reference a NULL pointer so we can get a stack trace.

How about buffer communications between Camera service and PV Author?

by Jia Meng » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 01:53:21 GMT

 I have the same question about SurfaceFlinger. When previewing, camera
service keeps posting frame buffers (from a circular queue) to
SurfaceFlinger using postBuffer(). Will SurfaceFlinger copy the
received buffer out immediately? If not, it might fall behind of
camera input too.

How about buffer communications between Camera service and PV Author?

by Dave Sparks » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 06:01:54 GMT

 urfaceFlinger always posts the last frame it receives. It refreshes
at 60 fps on the G1, so this should not be an issue.

If your display is refreshing at less than 30 fps, you are going to
have complaints about the UI.