Compiling against a *REAL* android.jar in eclipse???

by Dianne Hackborn » Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:30:33 GMT

 orrect.  Don't do this.  Your code will break in the future.  That is why
these fields are hidden.

For scrolling, you can use the method to set the scroll position.

For the background, if the normal background image doesn't do what you want,
then implement your own background drawing. Clearing and re-setting the
background field is clearly relying on implementation details that can
change in future versions.

If there are specific features you find are missing, you can file feature
requests or (more likely to have a result) submit patches to add those
features. For the latter, though, keep in mind that we are very restrictive
on accepting changes to fundamental parts of the system like this.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Peter Carpenter <