A Racing Car App in Android

by Maxood » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 01:49:21 GMT

 I want to develop an application that involves a racing car. The car
obviously moves forward, backward, left and right in a 3D environment.
I like to make such an app using OpenGL ES. Can someone refer me a
tutorial.

Thank you,
Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by Marc Lester Tan » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:58:59 GMT

 try this  http://nehe.gamedev.net/ and someone already ported the tutorials
to android here  http://insanitydesign.com/wp/projects/nehe-android-ports/

-Marc

A Racing Car App in Android

by Maxood » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 18:40:48 GMT

 These links would be quite informative and helpful in understanding
OpenGL on android.It seems like that lesson no. 10 caters to my
requirement.
Am i right?

Waiting for your reply,
Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by Maxood » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 19:16:31 GMT

 There are errors in the Run.java file of Lesson 10. Also the
AndroidManifest.xml file contains error as well . Please look into
them.

Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by ishiiml » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 02:42:20 GMT

 yBlackBerry from DOCOMO

These links would be quite informative and helpful in understanding
OpenGL on android.It seems like that lesson no. 10 caters to my
requirement.
Am i right?

Waiting for your reply,
Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by Maxood » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 13:08:20 GMT

 Got them fixed. All apps are working fine.But still lesson10 does not
cater to my requirement, the square box in the app is not a 3D object.
Also i want it to move left and right as well

Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by Osmo Maatta » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 01:56:44 GMT

 Hello,

You may start with this guide.
 http://www.futuredesktop.org/developing_android_apps_on_ubuntu.html
It will tell you everything from installation to your first Android
application.

There are pointers to several good samples in step 11).
Eg. check the "LunarLander" example project that comes with the Android
SDK. It obviously uses OpenGL ES.

Kindly
 Moma Antero

Other Threads

1. Parsing a large amount of data from a xml

Hi,
I'm developping an application where I had to synchronize my phone
with the entreprise server.
The response of the server is a xml file with each record between
<REC></REC> and I had to receive 19000 record.
What's the best way to parse it and add it to my content provider?

At the moment, I do my connection with the server:
[...]
HttpResponse httpResponse;
httpResponse = client.execute(request);
HttpEntity entity = httpResponse.getEntity();
InputStream instream = entity.getContent();

And then, I parse the input stream:
XMLSyncParser xmlSyncParser = new XMLSyncParser(instream, sharedPrefs,
mContext);
xmlSyncParser.parse(event); // a xml pull parser implementation

The parser, parse it and when he is at the end of the REC element, he
add it to the content provider.

Is there a better way to do it and a way who's taking less time?

Thank you,
Sebastien

--

2. AppWidget onDeleted but not onDisabled!

I have a single instance of an appwidget on my homescreen.  When I
delete it I can see that onDeleted is called but onDisabled is not.
Is there an issue with Android not always realizing that the my lone
instance has been deleted?  Can it somehow be thinking that there are
phantom instances still there?

--
Jake Colman -- Android Tinkerer

--

3. Reuse webView between activities

4. Assets directory

5. IllegalArgumentException with ContentResolver

6. [WTI] HTC EVO 3D

7. SIGSEGV on drawing previously alpha extracted bitmap with Canvas