A Racing Car App in Android

by Maxood » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 01:49:21 GMT

 I want to develop an application that involves a racing car. The car
obviously moves forward, backward, left and right in a 3D environment.
I like to make such an app using OpenGL ES. Can someone refer me a
tutorial.

Thank you,
Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by Marc Lester Tan » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:58:59 GMT

 try this  http://nehe.gamedev.net/ and someone already ported the tutorials
to android here  http://insanitydesign.com/wp/projects/nehe-android-ports/

-Marc

A Racing Car App in Android

by Maxood » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 18:40:48 GMT

 These links would be quite informative and helpful in understanding
OpenGL on android.It seems like that lesson no. 10 caters to my
requirement.
Am i right?

Waiting for your reply,
Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by Maxood » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 19:16:31 GMT

 There are errors in the Run.java file of Lesson 10. Also the
AndroidManifest.xml file contains error as well . Please look into
them.

Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by ishiiml » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 02:42:20 GMT

 yBlackBerry from DOCOMO

These links would be quite informative and helpful in understanding
OpenGL on android.It seems like that lesson no. 10 caters to my
requirement.
Am i right?

Waiting for your reply,
Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by Maxood » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 13:08:20 GMT

 Got them fixed. All apps are working fine.But still lesson10 does not
cater to my requirement, the square box in the app is not a 3D object.
Also i want it to move left and right as well

Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by Osmo Maatta » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 01:56:44 GMT

 Hello,

You may start with this guide.
 http://www.futuredesktop.org/developing_android_apps_on_ubuntu.html
It will tell you everything from installation to your first Android
application.

There are pointers to several good samples in step 11).
Eg. check the "LunarLander" example project that comes with the Android
SDK. It obviously uses OpenGL ES.

Kindly
 Moma Antero

Other Threads

1. Recycling of _ID field in SMS Table

Hi,
   I've just found out that _ID field is not always unique in SMS table and
gets repeated after some days. Is it normal or some bug ? Can someone tell
what is threshold before _ID field is repeated. Actually i have implementing
a logic thinking that _ID field is always unique in all records i.e SMS,
Call logs, Contacts etc but now discovered that it is not guaranteed to be
always unique in SMS messages. I didn't check for contacts , call logs etc
but it is true for SMS messages.

Suppose a SMS messages had _ID field equal to 1. But after some days that
message is deleted so now 1 is not assigned to any message as id, will the
system assign that id to some new message whenever it wants to ?

Regards,
shaz

--

2. Making a request over mobile network when WiFi is enabled

This is why Tethering requires rooted phones; you cannot have both radio's
active at once.

The only solution I can think of is to request sufficient permissions for
your app that you can turn WIFI off temporarily, let the 3G boot and use it.

Of course people would lose their WIFI if it's being used.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC

3. Arbitrary positioning icon on a View

4. bluetooth connect process

5. Android presentation at Linux Solutions Paris 2010

6. Orange is looking for great Apps

7. Installing daemon with root permissions