A Racing Car App in Android

by Maxood » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 01:49:21 GMT

 I want to develop an application that involves a racing car. The car
obviously moves forward, backward, left and right in a 3D environment.
I like to make such an app using OpenGL ES. Can someone refer me a
tutorial.

Thank you,
Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by Marc Lester Tan » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:58:59 GMT

 try this  http://nehe.gamedev.net/ and someone already ported the tutorials
to android here  http://insanitydesign.com/wp/projects/nehe-android-ports/

-Marc

A Racing Car App in Android

by Maxood » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 18:40:48 GMT

 These links would be quite informative and helpful in understanding
OpenGL on android.It seems like that lesson no. 10 caters to my
requirement.
Am i right?

Waiting for your reply,
Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by Maxood » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 19:16:31 GMT

 There are errors in the Run.java file of Lesson 10. Also the
AndroidManifest.xml file contains error as well . Please look into
them.

Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by ishiiml » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 02:42:20 GMT

 yBlackBerry from DOCOMO

These links would be quite informative and helpful in understanding
OpenGL on android.It seems like that lesson no. 10 caters to my
requirement.
Am i right?

Waiting for your reply,
Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by Maxood » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 13:08:20 GMT

 Got them fixed. All apps are working fine.But still lesson10 does not
cater to my requirement, the square box in the app is not a 3D object.
Also i want it to move left and right as well

Maxood

A Racing Car App in Android

by Osmo Maatta » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 01:56:44 GMT

 Hello,

You may start with this guide.
 http://www.futuredesktop.org/developing_android_apps_on_ubuntu.html
It will tell you everything from installation to your first Android
application.

There are pointers to several good samples in step 11).
Eg. check the "LunarLander" example project that comes with the Android
SDK. It obviously uses OpenGL ES.

Kindly
 Moma Antero

Other Threads

1. can we save mapview data in application database?

hello
can we save mapview data in application database, if so what is data
format  for storing mapview, location data.

thank you

2. How to read MMS messages? Possible or not?

Hello,

i am unable to find updated information on how to read mms messages in
android.
I am able to query content://sms and content://mms.
Content://mms contains a bunch of columns which i don't find
information for.
Atleast the returned Cursors seem to point to the mms in my phone.
Now, how can i read the actual mms data?
Is it intended that the official documentation contains no information
at all?!
As far as i understand it: The included Messaging/MMS application on
my G1 is not part of android (the open source project)? So it's closed
source and provided to the carrier by google/whoever?
It'd be really nice to have some statement on this because i need to
know whether i can read mms or not (which would be ridiculous).

Regards, Sebastian

3. daylight & timezone varible missing in time.h

4. which color depth android can support?

5. How to Invoke Maps application from nay other application

6. Invoking Maps application

7. How to Invoke Maps application from nay other application