Taking Screen Shots

by Joseph Arceneaux » Tue, 03 Mar 2009 01:59:04 GMT

 Does anyone know how to generate a screen shot on the G1?  Also, where this
sort of basic user information might be documented?
Thanks,
Joe

Taking Screen Shots

by Mark Murphy » Tue, 03 Mar 2009 02:03:14 GMT

I do not believe there is a means do to this on the device itself.

The development tools that accompany the SDK (namely DDMS) allow you to
take screenshots of an attached device.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com

Taking Screen Shots

by Michael Martin - MM Agency » Tue, 03 Mar 2009 02:21:22 GMT

 This is explained at
 http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2008/10/31/how-to-capture-the-screen-of-an-andro
id-device/

Michael Martin
 http://www.googleandblog.com/

I do not believe there is a means do to this on the device itself.

The development tools that accompany the SDK (namely DDMS) allow you to
take screenshots of an attached device.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com
_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 2.0 Published!

1. How to wait for Asynctask to return with data

"global variables" = ick.

Override onPostExecute() in the AsyncTask and do your work there. In
fact, why not get rid of the "global variables", hold onto the data in
the AsyncTask, and just apply them in onPostExecute()?

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Development Wiki: http://wiki.andmob.org

--

2. How can this be done on the Android platform?

My target application is actually two apps: one on Android and the other runs on Windows. The user runs the Windows application to convert certain data to a database file that must be transferred in some way to the Android device for viewing by the Android app. This is basically a rewrite of my successful PalmOS product that "Hotsynced" the updated database to the user's Palm PDA.

My current intention is to generate a complete SQLite database on the Windows PC, but I am very unclear on how the user could get that file into the proper place on the Android device so that my Android app can open it. The database can be quite large in some cases, so maybe the SD card would be a good place to put it.

1) Can an Android app open a SQLite database that is on the SD card?

2) If so, does it have to be in an app-specific directory?

3) Is there a practical way for a user to transfer a file from their PC to a specific place on an Android device?

Assuming that a database on an SD card will work, there is always the fall back of having the user remove the SD card and plug it into a slot on the PC to copy the file to it, but I'd rather come up with an easier procedure if possible. Thanks for any answers or advice on this.

(Why do I always come up with a complex or unusual application for my first project on a new O/S?)

--
Doug Gordon
GHCS Software

--

3. Randomly closing app - InputManagerService: Got RemoteException sending setActive(false) notification

4. show map intent shows my location first, take a look

5. Wrong API reference doc?

6. Image Saving Small Size

7. "Uninstall Updates" functionality