Move the virtual keyboard to the top of the screen (SIP - IME)

by flsobral » Tue, 02 Feb 2010 19:16:18 GMT

 Hello.

I'm looking for a way to move the virtual keyboard to the top of the
screen, rather than the bottom. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Fabio.

--

Move the virtual keyboard to the top of the screen (SIP - IME)

by flsobral » Tue, 02 Feb 2010 22:03:19 GMT

 It would also be helpful to make the virtual keyboard always be shown
in fullscreen.
I tried to extend the class InputMethodService overriding
onEvaluateFullscreenMode to always return true, but I had the
following problems:
- My application UI is still shown above the keyboard, even after
setting the attribute android:imeFullscreenBackground.
- Selecting another control other than the one that activated the
keyboard makes the application hang.
- Couldn't find a way to show the keyboard with the "Done" button
instead of enter.

Move the virtual keyboard to the top of the screen (SIP - IME)

by flsobral » Thu, 04 Feb 2010 19:23:34 GMT

 Still stuck with this problem.
Any tips?

--

Move the virtual keyboard to the top of the screen (SIP - IME)

by tnkirk » Tue, 09 Mar 2010 01:44:09 GMT

 Please let me know if you find anything. I'm trying to make a custom
keyboard layout that is stuck to the right side of the screen, and
have been banging my head against the interface for days, trying to
figure out how to break the KeyboardView out of its default position.

Tim

1. SOLD!WTS : EVO 4G 2nd *mint*

Just update,,,sold to mr. J :)
Thx mr. J