Theme.Dialog for PreferenceScreen child does not work

by Dianne Hackborn » Mon, 26 Jan 2009 04:20:53 GMT

 I can't help you off-hand with the problem, but for what it's worth
preferences really aren't intended to be used with a dialog theme.  Actually
I would stay away from the dialog theme for all but very simple things (like
alerts), since the border takes so much space away from your UI.

Of course in general I don't like dialogs. :)

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Theme.Dialog for PreferenceScreen child does not work

by Stoyan Damov » Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:48:48 GMT

The thing is that if I don't use the dialog theme, the preference
screen would cover my entire view and Android will eventually destroy
it (I've seen this already). So I'm pretty much forced to use the
dialog theme - I don't like it either :(

Theme.Dialog for PreferenceScreen child does not work

by Stoyan Damov » Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:50:05 GMT

That is - Android will destroy the activity, which started the
preference activity because it's view is completely covered by the
child activity's view.

Theme.Dialog for PreferenceScreen child does not work

by Stoyan Damov » Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:41:25 GMT

Yes, I understand that - the thing is that I don't want my activity to
be stopped, because it's quite heavyweight, might be playing
background music, etc. so I'm left with the dialog theme.

Cheers,
Stoyan

1. Android by i-mobile

Mmmmm 2.5G/EDGE doank :d