Want to graduate from android-beginners to android-developers

by cellurl » Tue, 01 Sep 2009 05:14:40 GMT

With the help of this group I went from 0 -to- submitting to ADC-2,
Thanks!

Now I have a favor to ask. Can anyone test this app? I am pretty sure
in Iowa where I work,
there isn't an Android within 100 miles of me. (yea, I need to get off
my wallet)...

If anyone can test this app, I would be eternally grateful!

Rgds,
Jim Pruett
*.apk here:
 http://code.google.com/p/speedlimit/downloads/list
gpscru...@gmail.com

Want to graduate from android-beginners to android-developers

by Yusuf Saib (T-Mobile USA) » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 01:55:39 GMT

 I installed it and clicked on "25mph". It then popped up something
saying "submitting sign, press back arrow...". I looked for the sign
on Wikispeedia.org, but either (1) it's not there or (2) I'm too dumb
to use Wikispeedia. Does your app do anything else? Like yell at me
when I drive too fast? Not that that would ever happen.

In any case it didn't crash. FWIW, you can get a popup to show up and
disappear after a few seconds without requiring the user to press the
back arrow. But if you wish to graduate to android-developers, you
must first pass through the thirty-six chambers.

Yusuf Saib
Android
T  Mobile stick together
The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of the
author solely in their individual capacity, and do not necessarily
represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.

Want to graduate from android-beginners to android-developers

by cellurl » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 21:35:52 GMT

 Thanks Yusuf,

It uses your-network to PUSH lat,lon,speed to show up here:
 http://www.wikispeedia.org/l/maps.html

If it seems to be a network/programming issue, perhaps its ok to
continue discussion here a little? BTW, it does yell at you if you
drive 10 over the limit....

I only ever ran it on on eclipse,  I will try to look in the logs to
find you...

Q: Perhaps there are some gotcha's in going to a real device?

-jp

Want to graduate from android-beginners to android-developers

by Yusuf Saib (T-Mobile USA) » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 06:28:43 GMT

 > Q: Perhaps there are some gotcha's in going to a real device?

Absofrickinlutely.

Yusuf Saib
Android
T  Mobile stick together
The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of the
author solely in their individual capacity, and do not necessarily
represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.

Want to graduate from android-beginners to android-developers

by cellurl » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 06:30:59 GMT

 'looks like someone in Ukrane got it working... Maybe you gotta turn
on gps or absofrickensomething.
 http://www.wikispeedia.org/l/maps.html

Soooo, where can I buy a reasonably priced android 1.5 phone....?

chao
jp

1. Fwd: to use only a single frame layout for oading different-2 images from drawable folder