how to run multiple instances of the emulator concurrently?

by Lei » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:19:33 GMT

 Hi all

how to run multiple instances of the emulator concurrently with
eclipse?

Lei

how to run multiple instances of the emulator concurrently?

by Nick » Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:39:37 GMT

 It is possible to run 2 emulators by running c:\<your Android
SDK>\tools\emulator.exe two times.
I guess, one can run the first one from there for sending something to the
2nd and the 2nd one from Eclipse for debugging.
Yet, maybe DDMS perspective in Eclipse will be fine because can send SMS,
calls etc.
Anyway, 3 emulators then 3 times from the Tools directory

how to run multiple instances of the emulator concurrently?

by Lei » Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:13:55 GMT

 Hi Nick

Thank you.

Regards,
Lei

1. WIN7 virtual mode

Here's what has been done:
1. Window's7 HOME EDITION came with this new laptop (TOSHIBA).
2. UPGRADED to WINDOWS XP virtual machine (and installed it).
3. Created a shortcut to Eclipse(which resides on C:\Eclipse) on the
virtual machine(WINDOWS XP).
4. Fired up WINDOWS XP virtual machine.
When the short cut to Eclipse is clicked (on the virtual machine) an
error message comes back
saying that JAVA cannot be found.  So what we are looking for is there
anyone who knows how to:
A) Create a path that the VIRTUAL machine will be able
to use, and points to the path(environment settings) that already
resides on drive C:
B) OR, create a new path that the virtual machine uses when in use.

All of this is being TRIED, because there is still the problem that
when ECLIPSE is tried on
drive C:, the error message is "CANNOT PARSE ADB VERSION", comes up.
Which we have
tried all combinations trying to fix this problem.  Not sure if it's a
WIN7 issue, ECLIPSE problem,
OR the computer is smarter than we are!

Thanks to all for the help.
Rc3375

--

2. WebView: How to find out that is scrolled?

I would like to be notified when the user scrolled in the WebView.

Besides WebView.setScrollChanged() being protected this looks like the right
method. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to care for user induced scrolling,
e.g. scrolling with the keyboard.

Any idea?

Cheers,
Mariano

--

3. getHitTest

4. how can i access a sqlite database that is not own by my application?

5. android ASOP build fails on fedora 10 on x86 (32 biut arch)

6. Wiki and Forum for developers

7. Milestone kok Logonya Android saja?? ganti yuuk..