iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Al Sutton » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:09:53 GMT

  http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/03/12/apple-iphone-30-os-event-march-17th-we-got-some-info/

Now when can we expect this on the G1? For me it's an absolute block on
the G1 becoming my primary phone.

Al.

--

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Pd » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:34:24 GMT

 I hate to sound like a donkey pushung the rumour mill round but I see on
gogleandblog that an update is due in April which apparently has Stereo
Bluetooth.  Now if the full Bluetooth stack has been implemented would
this mean data?  Thinking about it, that would be cool.  I can link to
my TomTom in a data kind of way  :-)

 http://www.googleandblog.com/

Pd.

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Al Sutton » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:55:51 GMT

 That's the CupCake release rumour mill at work.

There's been no mention of CupCake introducing BT tethering, so you and
I will be facing the choice of TomTom + another 'phone or TomTom on it's
own.

Al.

--

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by lbcoder » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:40:46 GMT

 There is nothing to rumor.
This is cupcake (official):  http://source.android.com/roadmap/cupcake
Note: it is adding in A2DP and AVRCP profiles.
See here for bluetooth profile descriptions:
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

Of course, if they're adding these profiles, the place they're adding
them is in the UI. All the profiles are already in the kernel. That
means that if you want bluetooth tethering (i.e. DUN, LAP, or PAN
profile), or data (i.e. FTP, SPP, etc.), it most definitely CAN be
done, but needs root.

And to the guy trying to keep MORE features by NOT rooting... thats
retarded. In the future, expect the copy protection scheme to improve,
thus allowing them to make protected apps available on devices
providing root access.

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Michael Martin - MM Agency » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:29:25 GMT

 More and More I am thinking its another Bull$#!T rumor on the April Cupcake
update as it being attributed to a T-Mo quote looks like an early April
Fools joke.

Michael Martin
 http://www.googleandblog.com/

I hate to sound like a donkey pushung the rumour mill round but I see on
gogleandblog that an update is due in April which apparently has Stereo
Bluetooth.  Now if the full Bluetooth stack has been implemented would
this mean data?  Thinking about it, that would be cool.  I can link to
my TomTom in a data kind of way  :-)

 http://www.googleandblog.com/

Pd.

 http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/03/12/apple-iphone-30-os-event-march-17t
h-we-got-some-info/

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Sundog » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:46:54 GMT

  http://www.stormmoonknits.com/knitting/06-08/cupcake1.jpg

On Mar 13, 10:29am, "Michael Martin - MM Agency" <mi...@mm-

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by JP » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 01:04:30 GMT

You miss the point. Al and others market products to the platform
first, while being users second, if at all. As an example, just as the
OP, I have not switched to the G1/Android as the primary phone, out of
similar motives.
But I do have a product, and that's being tested on a straight-out-of-
the-box, unrooted G1, where 99% (you pick the rate) of the user base
resides.

1. Approaches to Security for Web Backed Applications

What is the best way to ensure people don't cheat when you use a web
server (or something similar) to handle some of your application
logic?

A good example is a high score board. People play a game and when they
are done, the application sends the score to the server to be
recorded.  However, if someone knows what your server is expecting,
they can craft their own "high score" and post it to the server
without having earned that score.  There are many similar situations
in which a person could potentially ruin an application by
communicating with the server in ways they shouldn't.

As a developer with a web-backed application, what are the best ways
to prevent this?  Putting a key in the application and encrypting the
message is one option. But it would not be ridiculously hard to crack
even this system because the compiled application is available with
the key. This would stop amateur hackers, but not persistent,
experienced hackers.

What about all you developers out there?  How do you make sure that
web server requests were properly generated from your android
application? Or do you just assume it will be OK and that no one has
time to try to break your cell phone app? Is there a better system I'm
not thinking of?

--

2. Requesting invitation to Google Wave - please, pretty please?

I've had my application in for a Wave membership for months .... it
would be great if any of you could help me accelerate the process!
And of course, if I get in and have some invitations to pass out, I'll
be happy to return the favor!

Jim
tc4...@gmail.com

--

3. Processing Pictures

4. ProgressDialog went back to the first view called it when dismiss()

5. Ganti room myhero 2.04 kembali ke 1.1.4

6. Manage the Wifi connection from an applicacion

7. Fwd: Seminarios Tecnolè´¸gicos e n Fundaciè´¸n Proydesa