iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Al Sutton » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:09:53 GMT

  http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/03/12/apple-iphone-30-os-event-march-17th-we-got-some-info/

Now when can we expect this on the G1? For me it's an absolute block on
the G1 becoming my primary phone.

Al.

--

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Pd » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:34:24 GMT

 I hate to sound like a donkey pushung the rumour mill round but I see on
gogleandblog that an update is due in April which apparently has Stereo
Bluetooth.  Now if the full Bluetooth stack has been implemented would
this mean data?  Thinking about it, that would be cool.  I can link to
my TomTom in a data kind of way  :-)

 http://www.googleandblog.com/

Pd.

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Al Sutton » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:55:51 GMT

 That's the CupCake release rumour mill at work.

There's been no mention of CupCake introducing BT tethering, so you and
I will be facing the choice of TomTom + another 'phone or TomTom on it's
own.

Al.

--

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by lbcoder » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:40:46 GMT

 There is nothing to rumor.
This is cupcake (official):  http://source.android.com/roadmap/cupcake
Note: it is adding in A2DP and AVRCP profiles.
See here for bluetooth profile descriptions:
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

Of course, if they're adding these profiles, the place they're adding
them is in the UI. All the profiles are already in the kernel. That
means that if you want bluetooth tethering (i.e. DUN, LAP, or PAN
profile), or data (i.e. FTP, SPP, etc.), it most definitely CAN be
done, but needs root.

And to the guy trying to keep MORE features by NOT rooting... thats
retarded. In the future, expect the copy protection scheme to improve,
thus allowing them to make protected apps available on devices
providing root access.

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Michael Martin - MM Agency » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:29:25 GMT

 More and More I am thinking its another Bull$#!T rumor on the April Cupcake
update as it being attributed to a T-Mo quote looks like an early April
Fools joke.

Michael Martin
 http://www.googleandblog.com/

I hate to sound like a donkey pushung the rumour mill round but I see on
gogleandblog that an update is due in April which apparently has Stereo
Bluetooth.  Now if the full Bluetooth stack has been implemented would
this mean data?  Thinking about it, that would be cool.  I can link to
my TomTom in a data kind of way  :-)

 http://www.googleandblog.com/

Pd.

 http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/03/12/apple-iphone-30-os-event-march-17t
h-we-got-some-info/

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Sundog » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:46:54 GMT

  http://www.stormmoonknits.com/knitting/06-08/cupcake1.jpg

On Mar 13, 10:29am, "Michael Martin - MM Agency" <mi...@mm-

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by JP » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 01:04:30 GMT

You miss the point. Al and others market products to the platform
first, while being users second, if at all. As an example, just as the
OP, I have not switched to the G1/Android as the primary phone, out of
similar motives.
But I do have a product, and that's being tested on a straight-out-of-
the-box, unrooted G1, where 99% (you pick the rate) of the user base
resides.

1. Fullscreen IME does not show ExtractEditText

Hi,

I am implementing an input method service that uses as input view a
class extending a SurfaceView.
This is needed as a dedicated drawing surface for input in vertical
orientation.
However, although in fullscreen mode, neither the ExtractEditText box
nor the button appears on top.
Could it be that the system's fullscreen mode does not work properly
with a SurfaceView ?

Thanks a lot,
zdena984

Here is my skeleton code:

1) Input Method Service

package android.input;

import android.content.res.Configuration;
import android.graphics.Color;
import android.inputmethodservice.InputMethodService;
import android.util.Log;
import android.view.Gravity;
import android.view.View;
import android.widget.Button;
import android.widget.LinearLayout;
import android.widget.LinearLayout.LayoutParams;

public class IMETest extends InputMethodService {

        private LinearLayout inputViewGroup;
        private IMEView imeView;
        private Button okButton;

        /* (non-Javadoc)
         * @see
android.inputmethodservice.InputMethodService#onCreateInputView()
         */
        @Override
        public View onCreateInputView() {
        if (inputViewGroup == null) {
            inputViewGroup = new LinearLayout(this);
            inputViewGroup.setOrientation(LinearLayout.VERTICAL);
            inputViewGroup.setBackgroundColor(Color.BLACK);

            imeView = new IMEView(this);
            inputViewGroup.addView(imeView, new
LayoutParams(LayoutParams.MATCH_PARENT,
                    LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT, 1.0f));

            LinearLayout textLayout = new LinearLayout(this);
            textLayout.setOrientation(LinearLayout.HORIZONTAL);
            textLayout.setGravity(Gravity.CENTER_VERTICAL |
Gravity.RIGHT);

            okButton = new Button(this);
            okButton.setText("OK");
            okButton.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {

                public void onClick(View arg0) {
                    requestHideSelf(0);
                }
            });

            textLayout.addView(okButton, new
LayoutParams(LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT,
                    LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT));
            inputViewGroup.addView(textLayout, new
LayoutParams(LayoutParams.MATCH_PARENT, 70));
        }

        return inputViewGroup;
        }

        @Override
    public View onCreateCandidatesView() {
        return null;
    }

    @Override
    public boolean onEvaluateFullscreenMode() {
        return true;
    }

    @Override
    public boolean onEvaluateInputViewShown() {
        return ((getResources().getConfiguration().orientation
                & Configuration.ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT)
                == Configuration.ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT);

2) Rudimentary SurfaceView:

package android.input;

import android.view.SurfaceView;

public class IMEView extends SurfaceView {

        public IMEView(IMETest imeTest) {
                super(imeTest);

3) AndroidManifest.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
      package="android.testing"
      android:versionCode="1"
      android:versionName="1.0">
    <application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/
app_name">
        <activity android:name=".IMEFullscreenTest"
                  android:windowSoftInputMode="adjustResize"
                  android:label="IMETestApp">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
        <service android:name="android.input.IMETest"
                 android:label="Surface IME"

android:permission="android.permission.BIND_INPUT_METHOD">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.view.InputMethod" />
            </intent-filter>
android:resource="@xml/method" />
        </service>
    </application>
    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9" />
</manifest>

4) input.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<android.input.IMEView
       xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
       android:id="@+id/surfaceView"
       android:layout_alignParentBottom="true"
       android:layout_width="match_parent"
       android:layout_height="wrap_content"
       android:focusable="true"/>

5) res/xml/method.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--
/**
 * Copyright (c) 2008, The Android Open Source Project
 *
 *
 *     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
software
 * WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
 * See the License for the specific language governing permissions
and
 * limitations under the License.
 */
-->

<!-- The attributes in this XML file provide configuration information
-->
<!-- for the Search Manager. -->

<input-method xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android" />

--

2. Camera shutter sound is turned off after few picture takes

Dear all,

Am working on an android based tablet using Froyo. In my camera app on
successive clicks the shutter sound is turned off due to AudioFlinger
write blocked warning message. And if i leave the app for quiet some
time and start taking pictures the shutter sound is turned on and the
problem repeats. Please find the following log message.

W/AudioFlinger( 96): write blocked for 292 msecs, 1 delayed writes,
thread 0x8e66a30

Any one is facing similar kind of problem with camera app??
Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nagaraj

--

3. calling android activity

4. AR Drone

5. off page optimization services | SEO

6. Howto: Lock down android using our custom start up application.

7. WebView default zoom controls not working in 2.1 - what am I doing wrong