iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Al Sutton » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:09:53 GMT

  http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/03/12/apple-iphone-30-os-event-march-17th-we-got-some-info/

Now when can we expect this on the G1? For me it's an absolute block on
the G1 becoming my primary phone.

Al.

--

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Pd » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:34:24 GMT

 I hate to sound like a donkey pushung the rumour mill round but I see on
gogleandblog that an update is due in April which apparently has Stereo
Bluetooth.  Now if the full Bluetooth stack has been implemented would
this mean data?  Thinking about it, that would be cool.  I can link to
my TomTom in a data kind of way  :-)

 http://www.googleandblog.com/

Pd.

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Al Sutton » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:55:51 GMT

 That's the CupCake release rumour mill at work.

There's been no mention of CupCake introducing BT tethering, so you and
I will be facing the choice of TomTom + another 'phone or TomTom on it's
own.

Al.

--

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by lbcoder » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:40:46 GMT

 There is nothing to rumor.
This is cupcake (official):  http://source.android.com/roadmap/cupcake
Note: it is adding in A2DP and AVRCP profiles.
See here for bluetooth profile descriptions:
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

Of course, if they're adding these profiles, the place they're adding
them is in the UI. All the profiles are already in the kernel. That
means that if you want bluetooth tethering (i.e. DUN, LAP, or PAN
profile), or data (i.e. FTP, SPP, etc.), it most definitely CAN be
done, but needs root.

And to the guy trying to keep MORE features by NOT rooting... thats
retarded. In the future, expect the copy protection scheme to improve,
thus allowing them to make protected apps available on devices
providing root access.

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Michael Martin - MM Agency » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:29:25 GMT

 More and More I am thinking its another Bull$#!T rumor on the April Cupcake
update as it being attributed to a T-Mo quote looks like an early April
Fools joke.

Michael Martin
 http://www.googleandblog.com/

I hate to sound like a donkey pushung the rumour mill round but I see on
gogleandblog that an update is due in April which apparently has Stereo
Bluetooth.  Now if the full Bluetooth stack has been implemented would
this mean data?  Thinking about it, that would be cool.  I can link to
my TomTom in a data kind of way  :-)

 http://www.googleandblog.com/

Pd.

 http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/03/12/apple-iphone-30-os-event-march-17t
h-we-got-some-info/

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by Sundog » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:46:54 GMT

  http://www.stormmoonknits.com/knitting/06-08/cupcake1.jpg

On Mar 13, 10:29am, "Michael Martin - MM Agency" <mi...@mm-

iPhone to get BT tethering, will we get it on the G1?

by JP » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 01:04:30 GMT

You miss the point. Al and others market products to the platform
first, while being users second, if at all. As an example, just as the
OP, I have not switched to the G1/Android as the primary phone, out of
similar motives.
But I do have a product, and that's being tested on a straight-out-of-
the-box, unrooted G1, where 99% (you pick the rate) of the user base
resides.

1. passing touch events from one Gallery widget to another widget

Hi Guys,

I am trying to pass the same touch events on one widget to the other so they
both scroll at the same time and in same way.

I have two Gallery widgets one above and one below. If the above one is
scrolled then I want to pass the same touch event to the bottom widget so it
also scrolls the same way .

I have tried to use dispatchtouchevent events but I am facing an issue where
in if the bottom gallery widget has some edit text then the edit text gets
the key event and both widgets doesnt scroll anymore.. I have tried to set
focussable and editable to false on edittext even then it gets the touch
events. I think I am going in the right direction. However I need some
assistance in doing the right way.

Thanks in advance for your help

--

2. stiker ANDROID pissin Apple Sticker

Nti gue buatin deh bro.... gampang itu hehehe

--
Renner Chen
send from enomther v1.6.1 (ERE 27)

mungkin ada yg mau bikin atau beli langsung di ebay

*
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANDROID-pissin-Apple-Sticker-iphone-Nexus-Hero-G1-decal_W0QQitemZ150412299380QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2305458c74
*
*
*
*
*

3. Causing onMeasure() to be called for an EditView

4. Decryption "pad block corrupted" error ???

5. Is it possible to launch an activity on a certain key sequence?

6. Is it possible to launch an activity on a certain key sequence?

7. howto extend LinearLayout?