Stepping thru android base code

by pro » Thu, 10 Sep 2009 02:35:37 GMT

 Hi All,

I've the 1.5 sdk pkg, as well as I've the android src ( including the
kernel). I can build the android src, but I'm trying to step thru some
of the internal code ( i.e android.os.*   or some such ). Under
eclipse debugger, it says code not found, and sometime asking for
giving path to source ...

I know that the eclipse is working with android1.5 so it is trying to
look at the sdk location, and that does not seem to have all the
android framework related code!!!.

Question is if I give the path to the android src ( that I've and
bult), would the debugger pick it from there, if so then is there a
root folder I can point to and the debugger would recursively search
and bring the code for stepping thru. Or do I need to build a package
and then point to that package when I build the app...

thanks
-pro

Stepping thru android base code

by pro » Thu, 10 Sep 2009 06:44:44 GMT

 Actually there are nice documents/discussion on the web about how to
get the sources from the android src, and packaged it to sdk folder
for reference ...

problem solved :)

-pro

1. Continuously update trackball coordinates

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out how to continuously update the coordinates of
the trackball. Right now, I just want to write the values on change to
TextViews to understand how it works.

I've been looking at the onTrackballEvent. Right now, I assume that
each event passed as an argument to it should be seen as a complete
event, that is from the start of the trackball movement to the end. Is
this correct?
Because if so, the values of x and y will be the same during the
execution of the onTrackballEvent body. If this would NOT be the case,
I could just use a timer and update the values at a regular interval..

So either I have to somehow interrupt the onTrackballEvent call and
write the values, repeatedly over and over again while it is still
moving, which seems weird, or...well this is pretty much were my
Google search skills and Android knowledge comes to a halt.

Any ideas/pointers are much appretiated. I'm sure this is a fairly
simple question if you know your ways around the Android UI event
handling methodology. I'm a happy Android beginner...and completely
new to programming UI:s aswell.

Thanks,
Anton

2. Review n1 dunk wasFw: WTS: motorola milestone 2nd

Hehehehe....ada yg udah pake n1 ya........
Reviewnya gitu?

_____
have you googled anything today?