Compiling against a *REAL* android.jar in eclipse???

by Peter Carpenter » Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:30:16 GMT

 Hello everyone,

I'd like to be able to extend classes like View and still have access to
the protected member variables.

Under the standard SDK's, android.jar is only a stub and so access to
the protected member variables is not found.  (And also all classes
tagged as {hide} are hidden)

Does anyone know of an easy way to get around/FIX this without going
linux?

Cheers,

Peter.

Compiling against a *REAL* android.jar in eclipse???

by Peter Carpenter » Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:14:12 GMT

 Hi Dianne,

Thanks for replying.

I want to create custom GUI components and access things like
View.mScrollX which has no setFunction (to create a horizontally
scrolling view), and mBGDrawable which does have a set function - but
that does a whole heap of stuff I don't want it to do.

Essentially with the second option, I would like to have an image button
using all of the standard background drawables (but hide only the
default standard enabled state image).  I can't find API's that let me
do any of this cleanly.  The only way I can currently find is to
intercept the draw function and hide the background temporarily.  It
would be nicer to be able to either create my own StateListDrawable
using the existing button background drawables (which are not public) or
else have a removeState function in the StateListDrawable.

So essentially you are saying I shouldn't be doing this???

Cheers,

Peter.

________________________________

Don't do that.  If you aren't writing an app but system code, use the
platform build system.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Peter Carpenter

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see
and answer them.

1. Fastest Android Phone -- HTC EVO 4G?

Hello,

Is it correct to assume that the best/fastest Android phone (hardware-
wise) currently available now, and for the near-term future, is the
HTC EVO 4G?  If not, can anyone recommend the competing phone?

Second, can I buy this phone (or any other phone recommended here)
without a cellular plan?  I am a new Android developer and I just want
access to the fastest hardware out there to test my application.

Thank You,
Eric

--

2. WTPaging: yang beli motorola droid tapi chargeran+kabel data belum ada tolong japri soalnya barang sudah datang

Mohon jalumnya bos soalnya catatan saya keselip-selip jadi lupa sapa dulu
yang beli motorola droid tapi masih nunggu chargeran sama kabel datanya.
terima kasih atas pengertiannya.

--
Dikirim oleh Dedi Sopian
Provide by Internet kantor

3. Fwd: Regarding enter key on virtual keyboard

4. Clearing all the Task within an application while activity launch

5. Tentang Battery HTC Desire dan umumnya *lagi*

6. Drillable ListView Example

7. How to open NewActivity in same Tab?