Compiling against a *REAL* android.jar in eclipse???

by Peter Carpenter » Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:30:16 GMT

 Hello everyone,

I'd like to be able to extend classes like View and still have access to
the protected member variables.

Under the standard SDK's, android.jar is only a stub and so access to
the protected member variables is not found.  (And also all classes
tagged as {hide} are hidden)

Does anyone know of an easy way to get around/FIX this without going
linux?

Cheers,

Peter.

Compiling against a *REAL* android.jar in eclipse???

by Peter Carpenter » Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:14:12 GMT

 Hi Dianne,

Thanks for replying.

I want to create custom GUI components and access things like
View.mScrollX which has no setFunction (to create a horizontally
scrolling view), and mBGDrawable which does have a set function - but
that does a whole heap of stuff I don't want it to do.

Essentially with the second option, I would like to have an image button
using all of the standard background drawables (but hide only the
default standard enabled state image).  I can't find API's that let me
do any of this cleanly.  The only way I can currently find is to
intercept the draw function and hide the background temporarily.  It
would be nicer to be able to either create my own StateListDrawable
using the existing button background drawables (which are not public) or
else have a removeState function in the StateListDrawable.

So essentially you are saying I shouldn't be doing this???

Cheers,

Peter.

________________________________

Don't do that.  If you aren't writing an app but system code, use the
platform build system.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Peter Carpenter

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see
and answer them.

1. Kaos Android Greets Jakarta & [WTS] Android Stickers Se

ini ukurannya :

   - S           38x58cm
   - M           41x63cm
   - ML         44x68cm
   - L            50x69cm
   - XL          53x71cm
   - XXL        56x76cm
   - XXXL      65x85cm

*ukuran XXL = 85rb, XXXL =90rb

--

Permisi,,
Mau buka lapak Kaos Android greets Jakarta,, :)

Sistem pemesanan pre-order, pemesanan paling lambat hari sabtu, 12 Juni
2010,
di produksi hari Senin, 14 Juni 2010 dan selesai pada hari Sabtu, 19 Juni
2010,,

kerena memakai kaos ready stock, jadi hanya tinggal proses penyablonan saja,
sehingga dapat selesai dalam waktu *+* 5 hari. :)

*Spec Kaos :*

   - Warna Hitam
   - Bahan cotton combat 20's Built Up (tanpa jahitan samping)
   - Sablon timbul (kombinasi foam ink + {*filter*} ink)

*Harga Kaos :*

   - IDR 80.000 (bonus 1 cutting sticker android)
   - Lengan panjang dan ukuran XXL + Rp.5.000,-/pcs, ukuran XXXL +
   Rp.10.000,-/pcs

*Panduan Ukuran :*

*Dewasa :*

   - S           38x58cm
   - M           41x63cm
   - ML         44x68cm
   - L            50x69cm
   - XL          53x71cm
   - XXL         56x76cm
   - XXXL       65x85cm

*Anak :*

   - 1            33x45cm
   - 2            36x53cm

*Cara pemesanan :*

   - Isi data diri (nama, alamat, no.hp, ukuran kaos) dan japri ke :
   hadi.akbar.m....@gmail.com

***

Sekalian juga buat lapak sticker Android,,
satu set isi 10 cutting stickers (bahan vinyl) :

   - Android Green Robot
   - Android Robot Outlined (small)
   - Android Robot Outlined (medium)
   - Android Robot Family
   - Android Robots Skateboarding
   - Android Robot riding Motorcycle
   - Android Heart
   - Think Android
   - Android Robot Half
   - Android mini pack (4 stickers)

*Harga : IDR 100.000*
Ready Stock, 5 sets only !

Untuk pemesan kaos + set cutting stickers, akan mendapatkan bonus sticker
android packs (isi 6 buah sticker), liat attachment bonus. :)
--
the mark we make today shapes our future,,

Join:  http://www.***.com/
Moderator: id.andr...@gmail.com
ID Android Developer:  http://www.***.com/
ID Android Surabaya:  http://www.***.com/
ID Android on FB:  http://www.***.com/

2. Is it possible to use the USB connection in my app?

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to open a USB connection in my app.
The idea is to plug a specific hardware into the phone USB connection
and make it to "talk" with my app. I've already searched the forum but
could not find a reliable answer.
Thanks a lot!

--

3. Salam kenal yah semua

4. Package Both Test Cases and Application in single APK

5. Fastest Android Phone -- HTC EVO 4G?

6. WTPaging: yang beli motorola droid tapi chargeran+kabel data belum ada tolong japri soalnya barang sudah datang

7. Fwd: Regarding enter key on virtual keyboard