Launching barcode reading from browser

by m » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 05:22:17 GMT

 On the Google Products page, from an Android device, there is a "scan
barcode" button that launches a 3rd party barcode scanning app, which
returns results back to the browser.

1)  How did they do this?
2)  Is this available for any web developer to do, or a Google ->
Google api only?

--

Launching barcode reading from browser

by m » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:40:19 GMT

 Surely someone must know...?

Launching barcode reading from browser

by Kostya Vasilyev » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:49:03 GMT

  http://tinyurl.com/35o2ell

10.08.2010 16:40, m :
Surely someone must know...?
On the Google Products page, from an Android device, there is a "scan barcode" button that launches a 3rd party barcode scanning app, which returns results back to the browser. 1) How did they do this? 2) Is this available for any web developer to do, or a Google -> Google api only?
-- Kostya Vasilev -- WiFi Manager + pretty widget -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com --

Launching barcode reading from browser

by m » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:38:55 GMT

 Appreciate the snarkiness but that's not even what I'm asking about!
Nice try though.

--

Launching barcode reading from browser

by brucko » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 05:45:16 GMT

 Take a look at the zxing web page.

 http://code.google.com/p/zxing/wiki/ScanningFromWebPages

Essentially any web developer can do this - but you are probably
relying on the BarcodeScanner app already beibg installed on the
phone. (haven't really tried it out myself)

Best Regards,

Geoff

1. Phone number from URI

Hi Guys,
     I have a URI for a phone number. Something like:
content://contacts/phones/687

How do I get the actual phone number from this URI?

Thanks,
Ambarish

2. Fwd: Listener Service for data sources

Hi,

Does anybody has info regarding below mailchain. Please help me i want it
urgently.

Best Regards,
Bindu