How to make a widget that doesn't drain the battery and updates often

by Mark Murphy » Sat, 05 Jun 2010 23:16:06 GMT

Please consider making that configurable and able to be disabled, as an
improvement over the brain-dead stock news-and-weather widget.

That depends on who is holding any partial WakeLocks. Generally, the CPU
shuts off shortly after the screen turns off.

Frankly, I don't know why the Genie... service sticks around for the
stock News and Weather. It does not appear to be affecting the
thoroughly irritating and non-configurable
change-the-headline-every-five-seconds feature, as that persists even
when I shut down the service via the Settings application.

Conceivably. That application is not open source at this time.

Probably not.

If you are using a WakeLock, double-check to confirm you are releasing
it properly.

Then, use this command to see if anyone else is screwing up *their*
WakeLocks:

adb shell dumpsys power

and perhaps:

adb shell dumpsys batteryinfo

to see who is messing up.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
 http://commonsware.com  |  http://github.com/commonsguy

_The Busy Coder's Guide to *Advanced* Android Development_
Version 1.5 Available!

--

How to make a widget that doesn't drain the battery and updates often

by Kostya Vasilyev » Sat, 05 Jun 2010 23:25:56 GMT

 05.06.2010 15:14, Chister Nordvik :
So is this really the best solution to have a service running in the background? So if someone downloads 10 different news widgets from different companies they end up with a list of 10 services in the "Running services" list?
If this is the case, the user will have to choose which one to keep - so you have your chance here :) -- Kostya Vasilev -- WiFi Manager + pretty widget -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com --

1. Laporan pandangan mata nexian journey

Mantabbbsss.... Kayak reporter TVone...

Wkakakaka

send from android tabled made in china