Apps labeled as Tetris Clones removed from Android Market

by Ralf » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:38:08 GMT

 You forget that Google is a US entity and as such is bound to US laws,
such as, for example, complying to US export limitations. If you don't
like it, you can always create your own app store that is not bound to
US laws and encourage developers to use it :-p

R/

Apps labeled as Tetris Clones removed from Android Market

by Al Sutton » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 16:35:17 GMT

 That why I set up the company behind AndAppStore. DMCA notices are
irrelevant to apps on AndAppStore because the company and it's assets are
solely located outside the USA to ensure the USAs ridiculous rules in
relation to Intellectual Property do not interfere with the companies global
operations. The company respects copyrights, but does not take down apps
just because someone paid a lawyer a few hundred dollars to write a letter.

You also forget Google is not just a US entity. It has registered companies
around the world which are not bound by US laws (such as Google UK Ltd.)
which could run and operate Market thus giving them the same freedoms as the
rest of us outside the jurisdiction of US law.

Al.

---

* Written an Android App? - List it at  http://andappstore.com/  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.

You forget that Google is a US entity and as such is bound to US laws, such
as, for example, complying to US export limitations. If you don't like it,
you can always create your own app store that is not bound to US laws and
encourage developers to use it :-p

R/

juristiction.

Apps labeled as Tetris Clones removed from Android Market

by Mariano Kamp » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:58:19 GMT

 gt;> You also forget Google is not just a US entity. It has registered
companies
around the world which are not bound by US laws (such as Google UK Ltd.)
which could run and operate Market thus giving them the same freedoms as the
rest of us outside the jurisdiction of US law. <<
I am not sure that this true for all practical matters. I work for an
American company and certify once a year that I will adhere to US export
restrictions.